SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!

He had been on the phone most of the day leaving Bodhan to his scatter of notebooks and analysis of the Nevus. He hadnt had much success tearing the guy off the roof of the hotel at night. Bo was fascinated with the way the Nevus looked from New York versus LA, calculating some mystical quadrant prediction of something-or-other that the Spaniard didn’t quite grasp. It worked out pretty well though since Sheut business had found him in New York.

It had been four days since they had met up in New York, or rather, since Gabriele had snatched Bo from the near nirvana of once more being with his twin. It was too damn dangerous to have them seen together, especially the more Gabriele had reached out to his contacts in Sheut, the more he began to understand just how hunted his little scientist was. The Spaniard hadn't told him yet, but he had gone to see Maree in the morning. At least she seemed to understand the need to be apart. Bo was a bit harder to convince.

With one Marin squared away, he had been able to spend the rest of the day making Nation arrangements. Ahuna had sounded less than amused when he had told her that Eris needed to clear her calendar for the next four to five days starting this evening. He hadn't given an exact time either which he knew Eris was keen on keeping tight schedules but frankly it was better to be less clear on such details until they were under way. He had then called Marea and made reservations for six pm. The luxury Mediterranean Italian restaurant had just opened before the Nevus in 2010 and somehow had managed to survive the aftermath. Getting its stock from all over the world, it had a real reputation now and was nearly impossible to get in unless one was connected, and whether he liked it or not, Gabriele was connected. The final arrangements were ones Bodhan was likely to be grumpy about. While they headed to the restaurant, their hotel room was being packed up and loaded in the car to be taken on the trip that he still hadnt told the Czech they were going on. The Spaniard had given Lukas very specific instructions on the scattered pages of notes and notebooks, every last stitch was going into a special trunk the Spaniard had purchased to keep them all safe.

Fingers ran through his rampant curls, he could have used a haircut while he was here. He had trimmed Bo's the other night but hadn't thought to do his own. Least he had bothered to clean up the scruff of beard into a neat 5'oclock shadow goatee. Scratching over the cleaned skin of his cheek the dark earthen orbs glanced over to his riding companion, a smile ghosting his lips.

[gabriele].. you look good.[/gabriele]

They had gone the day before and gotten them both a decent casual suit. He had rather enjoyed sitting in the plush leather chair and watching Bodhan get measured and fitted again and again in different suits. The Czech looked good in any of them… of course he looked even better out of them. The thought drew a hidden smile to his own lips as the dark eyes almost shyly cast down and then out the window once more. His own suit was a deep charcoal, the pale blue dress shirt underneath setting off against his Spanish features. He hadn't seen the Czech dressed up before this trip. The nightclub didn’t require a suit even if many wore one there and their home life was decidedly…casual.

Powerful fingers absently turned the ring on his pinkie, it had not come off since it had been placed there. The fit was a bit snug which he didn’t mind, it meant there was no chance of losing it.

[gabriele]Here we are.[/gabriele]

As the car slid to a stop he didn’t wait for Lukas to get out, instead exiting and holding the door for Bodhan himself with one hand as the other slid the button into the other side of his blazer to close it. The maitre d' was already holding open the door under the blue awning with Marea scrolled in gold above.

[npc]Evening Mr Salvatierra, your table in the back is ready.[/npc]

He had dined here several times. Marea's drink selection was extensive and they had good import contacts that he had gotten associated with to ensure he could stock Shadow just as well. "His table" was one secluded with only a couple others behind a wall of onyx, the lighting soft and seating plush. A bottle of Sassicaia Tenuta San Guido was already open waiting for them on the table along with warm bread and a side of caviar. They had time, but he also wanted to be sure he didn’t have Eris waiting on them till midnight as she could be… acidic, if tested. Truth was he liked Eris. She was no nonsense, a good asset to the Sheut Nation.

Marea: http://www.marea-nyc.com/

• Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

The Czech had been wandering through the rooms for the last several days, most of the time half dressed... the sunburn hurt, and well the Spaniard didn't care if he was dressed or not.  The trek across the country and being here staring up at the sky most of the time was beginning to make him a night owl, but he almost had it.  Or thought he had it, snatching through a few more papers that were strewn across the floor and into the smaller bedroom that had been abandoned the first night in exchange for Gabe's.  The mess reminded him of the first weeks they had spent together, making the older man tiptoe around all of his pages because the scientist thought in pages.  He stood there a moment in the doorway, mentally going over every piece of paper on the untouched bed, half dressed again but this time in a suit.  He hadn't bothered to button his pants yet, several fingers holding up his waistband that had successfully found a belt in it- buckle twinkling as the jade eyes scanned over something.

A suit.  That had been a bitch.  Sunburn, first of all.  Second, he felt like a freeloader.  He would, could, and always needed to buy his own things.  A nice dinner didn't bode well for worn jeans and a bloody hoodie though, so he caved.  He was no stranger to playing dress-up.  His family was fairly well off, had learned to tie a bowtie on himself by ten.  Thank god this was no bowtie.

Eyes narrowed, snatching a paper off the bed and going for the glasses perched on top of his head.  He would have to brush his hair at some point.  He'd shaved at least, haircut.  Glasses flipped down, he meandered to grab his shirt, a crisp white- pencil between his teeth as he pulled it on and set the paper on the counter as he tucked it in.  Everything was finally zipped, buttoned and buckled.  The hue of the suit was an incredible gray blue, tie a slightly brighter shade.  It made the green of his eye pop.  Tie was done without a mirror, he spent every day in a tie for over a decade.  Lab.  Geek.

Eyes were still glued to the yellow lined paper, searching for a brush and combing his hair.  It didn't want to stay down.  Fucking curls.  He left it alone.  He HAD to set the paper down to put on his shoes and socks, glasses slipping down his nose and pushed back up when he stood.  He really was on the edge of something, grabbing his coat.

Head cocked, arms paused in the suitcoat as he pulled it on.

[bodhan]... I think I know where it's going to slide...[/bodhan] he said particularly to himself, sliding his glasses on top of his head and smoothing everything before following Gabe out the door.

Of course he did.  When though?  He could figure it out.  He could.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png ".. you look good."

He'd been staring at the sky again through the car window, lips pursed in a smile.

[bodhan]I polish sometimes.[/bodhan]

He reached up suddenly, snatching the glasses from the top of his head and sliding them into his inner coat pocket.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "Here we are."

The ginger stepped out and followed suit to button his own coat, fingers touching Gabe's elbow for a moment to stop him as they walked.  His eyes were on the sky, a smirk sliding over his features like a Cheshire cat.  Everything had locked into place.  He knew.  At least he thought he knew, glancing at the name of the restaurant with a soft smile.  Not Maree, but damn close.  The place was lavish, it reminded him... of home.  Places to eat were never a secondary affair, and the food was even more carefully prepared.

Brow cocked slightly at the wine.  Suspicious. What was he up to?  Granted, he'd turned down the Spaniard on every occasion to be spoiled, but he was a bit out of his element here.  In L.A., he'd built a life for himself, he could use the excuse of self sufficiency to avoid the pampering.  Here?  There wasn't much he could do to deny it without hurting the man's feelings.

[bodhan]This... isn't necessary,[/bodhan] he smiled softly.  [bodhan]You know that...[/bodhan]

He sat anyway. He was already in the suit, and hungry.  He'd barely glanced at the others at their tables.  He was eying the wine, he had a tendency to get tipsy.  The Spaniard knew that.  Maybe that was the plan.  A tipsy present to unwrap later.

[bodhan]Where were you all day?[/bodhan]  words were quiet, even though he'd been engulfed in his thoughts all day... he'd noticed.  [bodhan]You didn't go see Mar again did you?  If you did, I might get jealous.... she's kind of, gorgeous.[/bodhan]

Always with the sky.

The Spaniard had not missed the absent staring out the window. He was in trouble once they got to Scotland, he would never get the Czech's attention as the Spaniard was very aware the look of the Nevus was completely foreign when you travelled halfway around the world.

Scotland. Of course. He had to get Bodhan there first.

[bodhan]This… isnt necessary. You know that…[/bodhan]

[gabriele]..am I not allowed to take you out at least once in a while?[/gabriele]

There was a soft chuckle in his voice. He was always fighting the Czech's need for absolute independence. They had been together long enough that the younger man should know the Spaniard wasn’t one to keep a "play thing" to dress up and take on the town. He himself had grown up on the streets with very little. Now, he sorta liked to treat himself from time to time. And treating himself alone was no fun.

[gabriele]… tell you what, next time it's your treat.[/gabriele]

Genuine smile was soft over the glass of wine he was already "treating" himself to.

[bodhan]Where were you all day? You didn’t go see Mar again did you? If you did, I might get jealous… she's kind of, gorgeous.[/bodhan]

How the hell he knew things like that was beyond the Spaniard. But when it came to his twin it was like he had radar. A brow quirked upward at the last bit.

[gabriele]She looks like you… Hermosa.[/gabriele]

Grin was devilish as he waited for the Czech to get a few sips of the rich red wine himself. Setting his own glass down he cracked open the bread, the exterior cracking with delicious freshness before the steam billowed out from the soft center, one piece was set in Bodhan's side plate as he took his own. Outside the Sheut nation, Bodhan was the only one to know what he was, and long ago the Czech had gotten over many of the Anne Rice, Stephanie Meyer fictions the world was filled with.

Butter bled over the warm interior to golden the white dough and warm the air with a delicious scent the nostrils flared to drink in. He spoke before taking a bite.

[gabriele]…only for a little while. To let her know we would be leaving New York and to give her two names of people she can go to that will keep her safe if she ever needs it.[/gabriele]

The first night in New York, with the Czech spitting venom at him, he had promised not to withhold from the younger man again, and he kept his word. Earthy orbs that caught the candlelight flickering on the table closed as the first bite melted over his tongue. Good bread was a delicacy that seemed to elude most restaurants in LA. Tongue snaked to catch a bead of honeyed butter from his lip before setting the bread back on the plate to look back at his companion.

[gabriele]…and I might have spoken to a person or two to keep an eye on her as well.[/gabriele]

There was a sheepish smile as the eyes looked at his own plate before peeking up at Bodhan. Lips parted only to be interrupted by their waiter. The handsome youth was charmingly reciting the specials for the night, dark eyes glanced up once before looking back at Bodhan.

[gabriele].. maybe just an appetizer to start?.. their Fegato and Astice are really good.[/gabriele]

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "..am I not allowed to take you out at least once in a while?  … tell you what, next time it's your treat."

He laughed quietly, [bodhan]Sure, but... I don't think I could repay this.  I can make killer burgers and we can roast marshmallows?  We should plan on that.[/bodhan]

He smirked quietly, taking his first drink of wine.  Brows flickered downward, damn that was good, he took another drink.  Tipsy it was.  The Czech could drink like a fish, and tipsy was all he got.  It came fast, and lingered.  Maree had called him a functional drunk once, told him it was part of his charm.  Women seemed to gravitate toward the genius drunk, especially when he talked shop.  It had been more than one point of conversation between him and the Spaniard.  Though he would never think about bringing any home, it was hard to not be the life of the party.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "She looks like you… Hermosa."

Smirk turned to a soft smile.  His expressions changed when he was talking about his sister, an intimacy there that really nobody but a twin could understand.

[bodhan]She was always the prettier one.  Got all the dates.[/bodhan]

He didn't wait when the bread was offered, would slow the intake of wine into his system for the time being. 

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…only for a little while. To let her know we would be leaving New York and to give her two names of people she can go to that will keep her safe if she ever needs it."

He nodded, for that... he was grateful.  It was something he could never repay.  He had gathered from the limited conversations that there had been some kind of incident when she first discovered she was altered, as to what he didn't know.  Everyone had their demons now, and he was pissed he couldn't explore them further with her.  She should not bear the demons alone.  She was part of him.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…and I might have spoken to a person or two to keep an eye on her as well."

He nodded, catching the sheepish look.  The Czech had been chased since the Event.  He knew when someone was following him, and it had been a bitter point of contention when Gabe had tried to keep an eye on him.  Eyes flicked upward at the waiter.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png ".. maybe just an appetizer to start?.. their Fegato and Astice are really good."

It had been a really long time since he'd had Mediterranean food, never somewhere he was stationed.

[bodhan]Sure... you put up with my Chinese food, I can try that.[/bodhan]

He took another long drink of wine, as soon as alcohol entered his bloodstream it always showed in the spatter of soft freckles on his nose first.  For a ginger, he was otherwise without freckles except his shoulders.  He was oddly relaxed, years of tension wasted away in a matter of days.  Fingers rolled the stem of the wine glass in his fingers as he studied the color of the liquid intently.  He was thinking again.

[bodhan]So I think... I think I've figured it out.[/bodhan]

No, he knew he'd figured it out.

[bodhan]I know where it's going next.  Don't know when... still working on that... but where, I think I have that.[/bodhan]

Brows wiggled slightly before taking another drink and popped another piece of bread in his mouth.

[bodhan]Wish I could start publishing again.  Working on some other things too... we're not staying here much longer are we?[/bodhan]

Smile tickled the rugged expression as the freckles blossomed over the ginger's nose. Bodhan was so ridiculously cute, it drove him nuts sometimes. Especially when he grew tipsy and adorable in public where the Spaniard had to behave himself.

[gabriele].. I will want a gourmet burger at least. Something smothered in barbeque sauce and grilled onions.[/gabriele]

Chuckle was rich as the appetizers were brought to the table, nodding thanks, to the kid who left them alone even though they had yet to order a main course. This was fine dining, too many places had forgotten the art.

[bodhan]I know where its going next. Don’t know when… still working on that.. but where, I think I have that.[/bodhan]

Smile lit up the dark eyes. He was used to the Czech's odd mutterings when the man was deeply entrenched in his research. In the beginning he had held entire conversations with Bodhan, his words receiving a multitude of "uh huhs", "yeps" and "of courses" only to realize the younger man wasn’t listening to him at all but studying the pages in front of himself.

[bodhan]Wish I could start publishing again…..[/bodhan][gabriele]…you know that’s not safe.[/gabriele]

Words were soft as the eyes darkened more seriously, the glass of wine brought to his lips and drunk from once before simply being held while he repeated it again, worried the Czech had forgotten somewhere along the way.

[gabriele]… you know it's not.[/gabriele]

There was a gentle plead in the dark eyes. The more he had learned from his informants, the more he worried that people who had no idea Bodhan had survived, would take far too much interest if they learned he had.

[bodhan] ... we're not staying here much longer are we?[/bodhan]

There was a pause of lips on glass before he tipped it back to finish the rest of his glass, nodding as he poured another and topped off Bodhan's glass at the same time.

[gabriele]…tonight actually. Have a business trip to make so I was thinking we do that before heading back to LA. Checked in with Jacob and things are fine at the club so it can handle being gone a bit longer.[/gabriele]

He paused as the lobster and fois gras was set on the table, the aroma drawing a deep breath from the Spaniard as he took from the caviar, spreading on a piece of bread before taking half of the lobster appetizer.

[gabriele]I figured it would be a new spot for you to gaze up at the crack in the sky….[/gabriele]

There was a mischievous grin creeping at the corner of his lips. Every time he called it that Bodhan bristled and tried to explain what it really was, it usually took several sentences before the Czech realized he was being teased, at about which point Gabriele was getting punched in the gut. At least he wouldn’t get punched in the restaurant.

[gabriele]…and maybe we take a few extra days and vacation a bit while we are there.[/gabriele]

Smile was soft. Since they had been together things had been fairly "serious". It would be nice to just relax. Of course he hadn't mentioned yet it was halfway around the world. Details..details….

A soft fluttered sound rumbled in his chest in appreciation of the bite he had just slid in his mouth. It had been a while since he had been able to partake in food as an artform.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png ".. I will want a gourmet burger at least. Something smothered in barbeque sauce and grilled onions."

[bodhan]You and your onions...[/bodhan]  his chuckle was deep, another drink of wine and a bite on his tongue at his urge to make a garlic joke in public.

He eyed the appetizers a moment before brave enough to tepidly try it, chewing a moment before going in for more and babbling about his science-y things.  Sometimes he wondered if the Spaniard just humored him or if he actually enjoyed the thinking out loud, pausing when he was shut down.  The puckered expression a small tantrum as he tried more of the appetizer.  He kind of liked it.  It tasted, different.  A good different.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…you know that’s not safe."

Fingers rifled his hair slightly.  He knew.

[bodhan]I mean... who is still alive anyway?  Except me.  Nobody would read or understand it...[/bodhan]

Sigh though his nostrils was slow, justifying it as more than just a danger.  He missed a good knock-down drag-out with other scientists. It was like a football game for labrats.  Getting pissed that someone else came to a conclusion before you, and vice versa. He wondered if he would ever have any of those conversations again.

Pale jade slid to the darker gaze.  There was more than what the older man was divulging.  He had learned to read him well, and knew when to ask... and when to not.  After his complete meltdown in the car days earlier, he knew if he asked Gabe would tell him.  Did he really want to know?  He already knew they were leaving, even before he asked the question. 

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…tonight actually. Have a business trip to make so I was thinking we do that before heading back to LA. Checked in with Jacob and things are fine at the club so it can handle being gone a bit longer."

He suddenly wasn't hungry, playing with the stem of the glass as he stared at it.  There were times when he really missed the freedom of his cabin in the woods.  He loved the Spaniard dearly, sometimes he didn't think the man truly knew that... but he was worried his need for freedom gave him the wrong idea.  The Czech was part of the Sheut nation.  He just really only wanted to be a part of Gabe's life, without the rest.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "I figured it would be a new spot for you to gaze up at the crack in the sky…."

[bodhan]It's not a crack.[/bodhan]

He left it at that for a moment, turning the glass and watching the colors move.

[bodhan]...we're moving, it's not. It's the rock in a surf of waves.  If you calculate and understand the tide, you know where it's going to appear next.[/bodhan]

He didn't even bother to acknowledge he knew the man was playing him. He knew.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…and maybe we take a few extra days and vacation a bit while we are there."

[bodhan]Is she happy?[/bodhan] the comment was quiet, it had been weighing on his mind. [bodhan]I wish I knew how to help her... rumors of this, stupid war between the altered.  Is it really going on?  Is she involved?[/bodhan]

Being in L.A., ARMA and the Order were far away problems. Now that he knew his sister could be involved, it was a very close to the quick problem.  If she was involved in any way, injured or hurt in any way...

[bodhan]I will boil their blood if they've hurt her.[/bodhan]  he finished the thought out loud under his breath before taking a long drink of wine and picking at the food again.

The smartass Czech's dark streak didn't show often, and it was this that he was most sought for.  Bodhan could wipe out a city if he had the right tools.  Even mages needed to eat, drink water.  He could rain down terror.... eyes blinked away the anger, but did not apologize. He'd wondered before if Gabe had spared him because he was useful, and kept him around because he was an asset.  He tried not to think about it often.

[bodhan]Where are we going?[/bodhan]  appetite renewed, he was genuinely curious.

[gabriele]I like onions![/gabriele]

The mock indignation crept into his tone before he grinned and sipped from the wine. He needed some bottles of this. His clientele were not high brow enough even in LA for it, but he didn’t want it for the club, this was personal stock worthy.

Grin was devilish as he watched the Czech approach the appetizers as though they were boiled grasshoppers on a stick. Bo had a tendency to over think things, of course the Spaniard was yin to that yang, often failing to stop and think.

[bodhan]…Nobody would read or understand it…[/bodhan]

[gabriele]That’s the problem Triske..[/gabriele]

As often as "Bodhan" slipped his lips, it never did in public. The Spaniard was too cautious to risk his exposure.

[gabriele]… they won't understand it so they will be looking for the one that wrote it.[/gabriele]

The Spaniard didn’t miss the change in the jade eyes and how he suddenly lost interest in the appetizer that a moment ago seemed to intrigue him. Quickly the offer to vacation was added. Gabriele knew Bodhan didn’t like the Sheut world the vampire lived in. But that world had saved him and he couldn’t turn his back on them. Even for Bodhan.

[bodhan]Its not a crack.[/bodhan]

Pressed lips fought to keep the grin at bay, he couldn’t help goading the scientist on his fascination with the Nevus. He was actually a little excited to take the Czech to Scotland because he himself watched the Nevus enough to know it looked very different there than it ever had in LA.

[bodhan]Is she happy?[/bodhan]

The Spaniard didn’t give a knee jerk response that would have dripped of "I am just trying to make you stop worrying". Instead dark eyes were thoughtful on the younger man, the stem of the wine glass turning gently between his thumb and forefinger. Lips pursed slightly before the nod came.

[gabriele].. I think so. She has a studio, and teaches art at a hospice. [/gabriele]

Wine came to his lips as the dark eyes were still thoughtful.

[gabriele]I think she is cautious. Has been, or knows she could be hunted. She understands the need for distance, for now.[/gabriele]

[bodhan]….. stupid war between the altered. Is it really going on? Is she involved? [/bodhan]

[gabriele]..yes… and I am not sure.[/gabriele]

There was an advantage to being part of Sheut, they knew things. Wine was empty again, he filled his glass, topped off the Czechs and lifted the bottle to the waiter with a nod and smile asking for another one.

[bodhan] I will boil their blood if they've hurt her. [/bodhan]

Nod was clear. The Spaniard understood, a smolder in the dark eyes that promised he would make sure she wasn’t hurt again. After all, she was family to him too now.

[bodhan]Where are we going?[/bodhan]

Grin washed away the darker expression as a finger lifted to tut tut him.

[gabriele]… that’s a surprise. And don’t you dare sulk at me…[/gabriele]

There was a distinct softening in the earthen orbs as they shyly lowered to his empty plate of bread , thumb rubbing on the handle of the knife before the gaze flicked up through the dark brows at him.

[gabriele]… you have to allow me to be a little indulgent once in a while you know.[/gabriele]

Waiter was opening their second bottle of wine and clearing the empty appetizer plates as he asked about main course. Normally the Spaniard would have preferred to linger before ordering but he had told the restaurant they would not be drawing out their meal tonight.

He was tempted to take the sirloin but always felt strange ordering it with Bodhan, especially since he liked his meat rare. He always felt it would seem a creepy vampire thing when the truth was he had always liked his meat bloody, long before the Nevus.

[gabriele]I will have the Capesante sea scallops please. Triske? Their pasta here is hand made, really good, so is the wild bass and sole.[/gabriele]

The devil's own glint flickered through the warm eyes as the tone lowered a bit.

[gabriele]…always the oysters.[/gabriele]

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "That’s the problem Triske.. … they won't understand it so they will be looking for the one that wrote it."

Sometimes he felt like a dry sponge.  Being a scientist was about sharing...  everything, talking things through with others all night over three pots of coffee and stale donuts while ties got looser and looser and were finally shed at daybreak onto the table- the rage-quit of a genius.  There was nobody he could share anything with.  Without a peer, or peers... most scientists went stale, for some odd reason the Czech was only accelerating, his brain a constant flow of ideas. Viral eugenics, the sky.  His piles of papers were just getting larger and there was nothing he could do with them.  He was going to end up crazy and white haired living in a cabin someday.

Mood lightened slightly at the mention of Maree's studio.  She'd always wanted a studio, and to teach.  Had he held her back?  He felt guilty.  He'd dragged her all over the world on his adventures to save the planet, she never once complained. He didn't think she was the kind that would lie if she wasn't happy.  The war, he was worried about.  She was too smart to get caught up in the mess, at least he thought.

Eyes squinted up at the Spaniard over the menu when he was denied the destination of their little excursion.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "… you have to allow me to be a little indulgent once in a while you know."

It was weird.  Just... weird.  The Czech had always taken care of everyone in his life, even his parents.  Now all he had was a few pairs of threadbare jeans and teeshirts, and a bloody hoodie. A suit. He now had a suit too.  It was hard accepting things when he knew he could have provided them for himself if he was working again.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "I will have the Capesante sea scallops please. Triske? Their pasta here is hand made, really good, so is the wild bass and sole."

Glasses slid from his inner pocket and were put on, looking it over again.  His eyesight wasn't the greatest without them.  He was fine moving through the world, but hours of staring at computer screens and stark white paper under fluorescent lights had taken their toll on the printed world.  Surgery had been an option before the Event, but never had come to fruition.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…always the oysters."

It was the first sound he'd made in a while, eyes pressed together as a flush of alcohol hit the back of his skull in a stifled chuckle; a spatter of freckles on his nose blossoming to life.  The glance cast to the waiter only brought more blush over the tips of his ears.

[bodhan]Dobrý bože....I hate those...[/bodhan]  fingers kneaded between his eyes, pushing up his glasses on top of the already mussed curls, trying not to snicker.  The tipsy Czech yanked out of a sulky brood in a matter of seconds.  [bodhan]Agnello... please.[/bodhan]

When he was truly being an imp, the brightness of his smile was contagious... green jade cast to the next table over at the giggle from a rather pretty lady that seemed fixated on them instead of her date.  Smile was brilliant, then brought back to the Spaniard.

[bodhan]Hopefully nowhere with sun. No more sunburn.[/bodhan]

Wine glass was brought up once more.

[bodhan]Though I thoroughly enjoyed getting rid of it.[/bodhan]

Even as he asked for some leeway to indulge the Czech he could see the flicker in jade eyes that said the younger man wasn’t comfortable with it.

[gabriele]…just a little?[/gabriele]

Words were soft from across the table, foot sliding to lightly rest beside Bodhan's own, gaze intense before dropping to the menu when the waiter came by for their order. The jibe about oysters drew an unexpected "outburst" from the Czech, scrumptious chuckle settling the bristle through the Spaniard's shoulders.

[bodhan] Dobrý bože....I hate those... [/bodhan]

The grin was infectious. The strange language still sounded so foreign in his own ears but there was something deliciously sexy when it peeked through the tough scientist's exterior. Not to mention the blush of freckles that were betraying Bodhan's tipsy and flirty change in mood as he slid his glasses on to order the lamb.

Wine came to his lips as the Czech found the gaze of some giggly girl. That all too familiar flutter thundered in his chest. Bodhan's nature was different from his, they had been honest from the beginning about that. It meant insecurity often crept into the stoic heart.

Scotland would be good for them. His cabin. There was business at Sheut headquarters but after that, their time was their own. The Czech would like Scotland. The Spaniard was sure of it.

[bodhan]Hopefully nowhere with sun. No more sunburn.[/bodhan]

The chuckle rumbled like distant thunder in his chest.

[bodhan]Though I thoroughly enjoyed getting rid of it.[/bodhan]

Wine coughed a bit up, left fist coming in front of his lips as the wide eyes fluttered, dark lashes then dipping as it was his turn to have a bit of color breech the ashen pallor of his cheeks. Dark eyes flicked up and around to be sure no one was paying them undue attention.

[gabriele]… coqueta.[/gabriele]

Dilated pupils caught the candlelight of the table as he husked the whisper, smile emerging in aged weathering at the corners of his eyes as their main courses were delivered to the table along with the new bottle of wine. Fingers ran through the peppered curls at his temple as he waited for the waiter to pour fresh glasses for them. Once he left, the first scallop was sliced clean in half to vanish behind his lips before he spoke again.

[gabriele]…I will be sure you don’t get burned on this trip.[/gabriele]

Glance around the ones near them was sly before coming back to match the jade, voice quiet.

[gabriele]..pretty sure I can find better ways to…. get rid of things….[/gabriele]

Brows peeked upward in a devilish invitation before the next bite vanished behind his lips. Wrist was turned over to do the horrible glance at the watch, brows dipping a bit in annoyance before nostrils huffed softly. Earthen orbs flicked back to him with apology written all over them.

[gabriele]Would have preferred to have a leisurely dinner, sorry about the rush but we have a plane we need to catch in an hour and a half.[/gabriele]

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…just a little?"

Light lashes fluttered gently, dammit.  He'd hurt his feelings.  The Czech had lived for years on his own, avoiding the worst, putting food in his mouth.  Getting shot, was a bit of a wake-up call, but he'd scraped through it.  He didn't know how to communicate that he didn't need to be spoiled without hurting the Spaniard, feeling the presence of his foot near his.  There was a twinge of guilt, they were going to have to talk about this.  The suit, the pampering.  Maree was the sole reason he'd taken off like a bat out of hell on his own... it had felt wonderful to be on his own too.  He shouldn't have felt stifled.  He was safe, had someone that loved him and looked out for him.

[bodhan]Yes... but... [/bodhan]

Not given a chance to explain himself, the oyster snerk activated the alcohol coursing through his blood.  It would be all charming sass from there, maybe for the best.  He did know how to behave in public, and that was part of his charm.  He was a functioning drunk, also knowing that his percussive native tongue bothered the man in a good way.  His attention to women, however did not.  He had been honest with Gabe, he was beginning to regret it.

Chuckle was dark at Gabe's reaction to his quip.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "… coqueta."

[bodhan]...vtipálek...[/bodhan]

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…I will be sure you don’t get burned on this trip."

[bodhan]Where's the fun in that?[/bodhan]  smirk was sly, he really was hungrier than he thought he was.  He'd forgotten to eat today.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "..pretty sure I can find better ways to…. get rid of things…."

Tip of his shoe teased the inside of the Spaniard's ankle with a few taps, savoring the food.  Good god it was amazing, and he was starving.  Table manners were impeccable, the lamb disappearing probably faster than it should have.  He could get used to this, the thought quickly filed away to talk about later.  If it made him happy to spoil the Czech for a moment, he would go along with it... eyes narrowing slightly at the glance at his watch.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "Would have preferred to have a leisurely dinner, sorry about the rush but we have a plane we need to catch in an hour and a half."

[bodhan]Wait what?  I haven't even packed my things... no.. no...kurva.. I don't have time to organize my things..[/bodhan]

Distracted from his quiet protest by a brush on his arm, jaw slowed as he swallowed, casting a quiet glance to his right shoulder as the woman moved past him to follow her date.  Red fingernails slipped a card onto the table.  He waited a moment, picking it up as he polished a good portion of his glass, the laugh deep as he slid it over to the Spaniard.

Obviously lousy date's card.  Phone number scrawled on back in feminine handwriting.  Both of them should give her a call? 

[bodhan]Who's the flirt?[/bodhan]

[bodhan]Yes… but..[/bodhan]

There was something there. Dark eyes flicking to the jade as his heart fluttered in his chest. Was he regretting this? The Spaniard didn’t get any answers as the sass of the tipsy Czech came out instead.

[bodhan]...vtipálek...[/bodhan]

The darkness escaped his thoughts for now, replaced by a chuckle as a toe slid along his ankle. He watched the Czech begin to devour his course and got an odd pleasure watching the younger man enjoy himself for once.

[bodhan] Wait what? I haven't even packed my things... no.. no...kurva.. I don't have time to organize my things.. [/bodhan]

He had known that was coming. He was going to have to do some explaining. Lips parted only to close as a hand brushed over Bodhan's shoulder and a card was slid on the table. As the woman caught his eye, the Spaniard offered a slow devilish smile that darkened earthen eyes and made women wet. He had learned long ago he could get whatever he wanted usually from women.

[bodhan]Who's the flirt?[/bodhan]

Eyes snapped back to the Czech, the grin turning impish, he was insecure, but only to a point. Deep affection was just new to him. Oddly enough, he was fairly certain if he had been into woman, it wouldn’t have been that sort, with her boofed hair and exaggerated red nails. No, he suspected it would be more like… Maree…actually, and it had nothing to do with looking like Bo and everything to do with her natural attractiveness, no need for gaudy make up or false claws to make her who she was. He just never needed all that pomp and circumstance. Of course too many times forcing himself to bang some Mexically puta to prove his manhood probably had something to do with his dislike of overdone makeup, red lips, exaggerated nails and half exposed tatas.

[gabriele]I am pretty sure that was meant more for the cute freckles than the old dog at the table.[/gabriele]

Chuckle was dark and rich as he swirled the wine and drunk as deep as his companion had. As their main course was being cleaned from the table, lips parted to say something only to dip as his phone buzzed in his pocket, a single buzz that was followed in concussive succession by six more. Lukas didn’t vomit texts unless something was wrong.

Fingers slid inside the blazer to pluck the old flip phone from his pocket, quickly reading down the texts. Brown eyes widened before snapping to Bodhan, pupils becoming pinpricks as the smile on his lips was not mirrored in the gaze that flicked around the room like a predator.

[gabriele]We are leaving now.[/gabriele]

That smile that might fool others but was clearly understood as fake by his lover remained as he patted the cloth napkin to his lips and tossed it at the side of his plate.

[gabriele]Keep casual…. I will explain in the car.[/gabriele]

Soft words were only for him before the Spaniard stood and grabbed the half full bottle of wine at their table. Money was tossed down as he lifted the bottle to the owner with a "bright" smile to show all was well, after all he had warned it was a dine and dash night. Even as they were exiting the restaurant, the car was coming up far too fast on the curb, squealing softly to a stop just an inch off the sidewalk.

Chase must be driving, a fact confirmed as he held the door open for Bodhan with that "smile" still on his face, only once the door was slammed shut and the car lurching forward did it evaporate. He was already working the phone.

[gabriele]Lukas was packing up the hotel…. [/gabriele]

He knew that was not going to sit well but Lukas picked up the phone just then.

[gabriele]…status.[/gabriele]

The furrow of the brow was deeply engraved as he listened, nodding on occasion before merely saying "thanks" and hanging up. Dark eyes looked at Bodhan, hand reaching out to entwine his fingers with the Czechs.

[gabriele]Lukas was packing up the hotel while we were eating, I gave him explicit instructions on how to gather your research.[/gabriele]

It was the understatement of the year. Lukas had taken nearly two pages of notes on how to keep the documents on the same surfaces together, to pack them in folders together and then bind the folders for each area together. So all the research laid out on the bed would be together, all that on the left side of the floor, right side of the floor, all the research spread on the desk. Gabriele knew Bodhan had some weird, almost photographic cataloguing of where he put things, so each and every folder was labeled with where it had come from and then everything was neatly tucked into a rhino indestructible wardrobe trunk with drawers to keep it all organized.

[gabriele]He had packed everything and taken it down to put in the car. By the time he came back up to double check he hadn't missed anything, the place had been ransacked. [/gabriele]

Even worse, the fridge had been toppled, his store of blood staining the floor. That’s why Lukas had stayed behind, he was cleaning house to hide any evidence of what the executioner really was. Whomever had ransacked the place might be putting two and two together, perhaps they already knew about vampires? Enemy of Sheut perhaps? He couldn’t believe anyone could have tracked Bodhan there so quickly so it had to be the Spaniard that had garnered the unwanted attention.

Expression was wretched as fingers slid from the Czechs to clench together between his knees, shoulders rolled forward in misery before the thick sigh came.

[gabriele]….would have been safer for you if we had never crossed paths in the woods.[/gabriele]

Soft words ached as the car sped in and out of the light traffic. The former race car driver had been picked for his talent at avoiding danger and making good time. They would be at Eris' hanger in fifteen minutes.

"I am pretty sure that was meant more for the cute freckles than the old dog at the table."

Fingers self-consciously slid over the sun induced eruption on his nose.  Fuck being ginger.  Especially where the sun was concerned, playfully narrowed eyes shot back at the Spaniard.

[bodhan]Sorry to shatter your illusion of grandfather status, but you’re still a hot zkurvysyn..[/bodhan]

He’d used the curse before, something the man had heard more often when he had burned his finger or couldn’t find his glasses.  The delivery was deadpan, adding to the quirk of his brows and the surly smile on his lips... forehead lowering to disappointment when his plate was taken away.  He finished the wine, eying the bottle for more when Gabe pulled his phone, listening to the string of buzzing that signaled multiple messages.  The Czech didn’t even have a cell phone. He didn’t want one.  It was often nicer to have Gabe show up unannounced when he was working at his cabin alone.  Playful tipsy was forced into reality, the expression on the Spaniard’s face one he hadn’t seen in a long time.  A really long time.  Not since the first day the man almost killed him, or when Jacob had dragged him back to the club with a gunshot wound and a black eye because he chose to fight back... against a former MMA champ.

"We are leaving now."

He should have been annoyed, but it concerned him.  First, keeping Maree and he separate. Now leaving at a moment’s notice- this was not normal caution though.  Something had happened.

"Keep casual…. I will explain in the car."

The Czech could be causal, adrenaline burning through the alcohol with a bit of difficulty, leaving a very dull ache in the back of his skull.  Noting the urgency of the car’s approach, he slid in and waited for an explanation- brain already jumping to worst case scenario.  Maree?

"Lukas was packing up the hotel…. "

Wait, what?  No… no no no…. expression was angry, waiting with bated breath as he continued the phone conversation and truly did not seem happy.

"…status."

The fingers that met his to intertwine found distraction… something was very, very wrong.

"Lukas was packing up the hotel while we were eating, I gave him explicit instructions on how to gather your research."

He couldn’t breathe, someone had touched his things.  Explicit instructions his ass…  it didn’t matter, he didn’t want people looking at his things.  Fingers tightened on the Spaniard’s.  Alarmed, unsure what was happening.  He wished he could have told the man this was a situation he hadn’t been in before, racing through streets before the border closed, or rebels invading their quarantine to raid their stash and take the scientists that could make it prisoner.  He’d lost friends before under these circumstances.  He’d been taken by gunpoint under these circumstances.  Ways of making a “magic man” talk were not kind.

"He had packed everything and taken it down to put in the car. By the time he came back up to double check he hadn't missed anything, the place had been ransacked. "

Eyes blinked at him, the focus that he stared at Gabe unnerving.  After what?  After who?  Because of the hospital, even his nights on the roof of hotel?  After the Spaniard?  There were so many possibilities, lashes narrowing when his hand slipped from his- guilt was heavy.  What if it was something he’d done?

"….would have been safer for you if we had never crossed paths in the woods."

[bodhan]You, shutup…[/bodhan]  the fiery Czech quipped instantly, brows snapping down... tipsy had turned to hairtriggered honesty.  [bodhan]If you hadn’t been there, I’d be dead.  Either from the shitstorm damn vamp that was trying to use me as a fill-up station or from my own hand, you know that gun I kept under my bed?   You know how many times I stuck it in my mouth before I met you?  You have no idea what I dealt with before that.  This isn’t my first race to avoid getting my ass shot.[/bodhan]

The Czech was angry, and not just in a pissed sort.  The temper that sometimes bubbled through his sister’s veins was on full display, the Czech scowling out the window, elbow on the sill and kneading his forehead.  Fuck.  Sigh seethed out his nose, words a lot calmer.

[bodhan]Don’t you ever say that again.  I have my sister, I have you.  That’s all I need.  Fuck the rest.[/bodhan]

He was silent for while, mumbling to himself in his own language and watching the city twinkle by.

[bodhan]I was working on something.  Other than the big crack in the sky.  Something for you, for all of you.[/bodhan]  he was always acutely aware of the consequences of his actions.  Without knowing more, he had to assume it was something that he’d done.  [bodhan]I figured out a while ago, that if someone found out you existed… the only way to get to you was through your food.[/bodhan]

Food.  Understatement.  It was a little of a hot spot between them.  He never understood why Gabe didn't ask, sometimes it felt a little like the Spaniard was cheating.

[bodhan]If someone created an antigen, spread through air, water…  innocuous to the general public but evoking an immune response that would produce incompatible hemoglobin in organic animals.  It’s as simple as destabilizing the red blood cells with excess oxygen, not enough to kill a human, but rendering it so fragile your own body couldn’t metabolize it,[/bodhan]  he was thinking out loud.  [bodhan]It would kill you all, or force you to expose yourselves as you starved and looked for food.  They would need something biological from you to find the tipping point of destabilization.  Blood, body fluid, even hair if it had a readable DNA signature on a tag.  You’d be wiped out.[/bodhan]

Good god, were they after Gabe?  Panic tightened his throat.  For the rest of them, he didn't care... but the man next to him.  What if they'd found something in the hotel?  Samples used would be his, something to affect all vampires but tailored to the man sitting next to him.  He needed paper, he needed his notes, now. Sliding over the front seat, he flipped open the glove compartment.  He always had a small notepad on him, but he was in a suit.  Snatching a map and pencil that was buried deep under the box of anti-viral, he sat back and started to scribble furiously.  He needed his lab... he needed...

Gabe's hand was snatched, their intertwined fingers against his forehead as he tried to find his breath to calm at the prospect of losing him.  Trying to think.  He'd gotten stuck, and had gone on to other things... like the "crack".  This was a very real threat... and it was a fight he couldn't lose.

[bodhan] Sorry to shatter your illusion of grandfather status, but you’re still a hot zkurvysyn. [/bodhan]

Dark chuckle was warm. He had heard the expression so often he had looked it up. It had taken some time to find since it didn’t sound anything like it was spelled, at least not to his ears.

[gabriele].. cabrón…[/gabriele]

But the teases evaporated quickly into urgency, their escape into the car allowing him to drop the false smiles and set the half full bottle of wine into the back pocket of the seat in front of him while he was on the phone with Lukas. He had not missed the anger well up in the Czech's eyes. He had known he would be pissed about them touching his things, but he had wanted speed and knew the Czech would need time to do it his way.

The grip on his own fingers tightened and his strong grip responded in kind. He didn’t want to ever let go. What if Bodhan had been in the hotel alone packing? That had almost been the scenario. Dear god. He had put in danger the one thing he never wanted touched by any. But his whispered confession of such was met with something unexpected…..fire.

[bodhan]You, shutup.. [/bodhan]

Head turned, earthen gaze wide as he studied the honest explosion of information.

[bodhan] If you hadn’t been there, I’d be dead. Either from the shitstorm damn vamp that was trying to use me as a fill-up station or from my own hand, you know that gun I kept under my bed? You know how many times I stuck it in my mouth before I met you? You have no idea what I dealt with before that. This isn’t my first race to avoid getting my ass shot.[/bodhan]

The berating touched a sensitive nerve the Spaniard didn’t know he really had. A very uncharacteristic sheen glistening over the gaze that highlighted amber in the depths of the earthen orbs. The two had been together a little while now, but explicit expressions of affection were not always verbally shared. The Spaniard hadn't really lived a life where "I love you"s were a norm.

[bodhan] Don’t you ever say that again.[/bodhan][gabriele]…no voy….I won't..[/gabriele][bodhan] I have my sister, I have you. That’s all I need. Fuck the rest.[/bodhan]

The soft words had barely breeched his lips as he watched the side of the Czechs muttering face illuminate by the lights passing on the road.

[bodhan] I figured out a while ago, that if someone found out you existed… the only way to get to you was through your food. [/bodhan]

Blink was slow as he drunk in the meaning. The Czech was worried about… him? He listened, half processing the lecture on antigens and immune responses, half watching the process of thought flicker over his features before turning to something more metallic, panic could be scented on the Czech. Hand reached for him only to be pulled away from as the younger man scrambled to get a map out of the glove compartment so he could scribble notes.

He was about to tell Bodhan it could wait till they were on the plane when his hand was snatched, fingers entwined and pressed to the Czech's forehead. His own grip tightened. The Spaniard was normally a bit distant in public, still adjusting to the concept of a relationship, something he had never had before. But the driver was suddenly no more than a picture on any wall as the grip pulled toward him, the smaller Czech wrapped up in a bear hug that clung like iron. The vampires had been wiped out before. It was a fact he had not shared with Bodhan, he was forbidden to do so with anyone outside of Sheut and while he was informally Sheut, Bodhan was not yet registered with headquarters. It was one of the reasons he wanted to take the Czech to Scotland with him, once formalized there were things he could share with the man that he could not now, about their existence, about the plagues that had wiped them out, about the true nature of the Sheut nation.

But right now none of that was important. Only the fact that Bodhan cared for him and he for the Czech. And that he would protect the younger man, at all costs. Fabric groaned softly at the seams as the muscles bulged with his ferociously protective grip, nostrils flaring at the ginger curls before the car took a sharp turn and they were suddenly there at the hanger.

Forehead pressed tight to the Czechs before letting go. He didn’t wait for Chase to get the doors, throwing his own open, dark eyes catching Ahuna as she was coming to meet the car. One thing for Eris, she had one hell of an efficient team around her.

[gabriele]… let Eris know, she has five minutes to get us airborne …[/gabriele]

When the trunk was popped he pushed Chase's hands off the rhino trunk, the massive thing hoisted onto his own shoulder as he nodded Bodhan towards the rolling stairs that led up into the jet. They were going to be off the ground as fast as possible now.

Bodhan could have a bite, especially when he was hurt...  pissed, scared.  It snapped out without thought to startle with such objective truth the viciousness had an edge.  He’d gotten the Spaniard’s attention, full attention at his snap to shut up.  There was no other word he could think of, well… in English anyway, that was as sharp.  Gabe’s expression was innocently incredulous.

He thought for a moment he’d hurt the man’s feelings again.  No, it was different, something he took for granted because of the fact he was a twin.  What Maree and he had was completely unspoken, the answer from the older man during his mid-sentence tirade a tone he’d never heard from him before.  Did he not know how he felt about him?  Sure, he could be indignant and a bit prideful when Gabe was trying to give him things… did he really not know?  He didn’t know.  Then there was panic, and response in the only way he knew how.  Logic.  Figure it out, find a solution.  When the consequences were staring him in the face, he couldn’t think… grabbing the man’s hand had been on instinct, suddenly crushed in an embrace that he didn’t want to get out of.

Nothing was clear, fear had completely melted the thought process and he clung to the Spaniard like he would disappear like his sister.  It would not happen, not again.

[bodhan]You are not allowed to leave me,[/bodhan]  he said, stifled into the man’s neck.  Pain was streaking behind his eyes; residual, knowing the feeling of losing something precious.  [bodhan]Ever.[/bodhan]

The scent of water was thick in his nostrils, opening his eyes to darkness.  A lone light was on in what looked like a hangar, the massive door pulled shut to obscure the plane that was sitting on the outside.  He’d ridden in them before.  Fast little things.  A woman was approaching, tall, dark hair pulled in a tight ponytail, she was armed.  Cigarette smoke touched his senses, keen eyes catching the flare of a cigarette in the darkness of the hangar moving away from their car.  The door pulled open and he let go of Gabe to push himself out behind him, trunk picked up.  His notes?

"… let Eris know, she has five minutes to get us airborne …"

Pulling himself up the ladder, Gabe never left his peripheral vision, turning to make sure the man was following.

The tiny vampire was pissed.  She was always pissed at something, this time…  it was a bit too much.  On standby for three days while somebody got their party on and decided to show up whenever the hell they wanted rocked her calm.  At least she was getting paid, the idle not something she enjoyed.  It did give her a chance to re-draw security plans with Toby, and Mouse to thoroughly go over the plane like she’d been wanting to- adding new toys.  Solar glass, cameras… she was anxious to try them out.

When the call came, she was wrapping up on a ledger.   Fifteen minutes ETA.  Something was wrong.  Hostility at the rather selfish three day hold job was gone in a moment, Pierre Hardy shoes unbuckled and shed for her ballet flats.  Silk lavender suit rippled as she moved from her office and through the dimly lit hangar, the plane already pulled into a taxi position, launching herself up the stairs.  Nimble fingers pulled her hair into a sleek updo, sliding on the headset.  Switches gently clicked in the cockpit, watching the car approach and Ahanu snark at the driver to cut his lights.  Lips smirked at the Spaniard’s demands, up in five?   Psh, she was already in the plane.  Always so picky, watching him unload the trunk from the darkness of the cockpit as the engines whined to life and she smelled the scent of a normal boarding the plane.  Checks were almost done, the moving flaps on the wings spoke volumes to the tall vampire that she didn’t fuck around.  Last check and the plane began to rock gently from the power up.

“Flash in thirty seconds,” her voice was soft.  “Wheels up in sixty.”

A familiar, yet unusual voice filtered through her headset.  Toby never cut into a take-off.

*npc*  No lights, we got a chime on the west fence.

Nice.  A hot take-off.  What the fuck had the Spaniard gotten himself into?  Or who?  Dark eyes caught the ginger from their corners before going back to her switches.  It was never professional to ask- but it was a Nation problem.  Nation took care of its own, and if the ground couldn’t control and contain, then the air was a last resort.  This was no joke, and she was the best to deal with it.

“Salvatierra, zip us up and buckle in now,”  command was without question as she clicked an overhead and pulled her belt on.  He could have been head of the Nation for all she knew, but she really didn’t give a shit when she was trying to save someone’s ass.  “Han, light up the chopper.  Start the engine.  Mouse I need eyes, I’m going out blind.  Toby, they fuck up my chopper, then you have my permission to use whatever means to fuck them up.  Blow up their car, something fun.”

*npc*  Yes ma’am.

There was a hint of enjoyment at hearing her give the go to use any means necessary to make sure she had a clear take-off. 

“You’ve been followed.  Lovely.”

Eyes flicked up at the sight of her chopper a hundred feet off light up like a Christmas tree, Han at the helm as the blades started to turn.  It was louder than her plane, and a distraction as the plane began to move.  The first pop of muzzle flash was near the chopper, that was all Toby needed to proceed to decimate whomever had decided to pay them a visit.  Her quick thinking had bought them seconds, and seconds were all she needed.  Amateurs.

The Cessna felt like a hot-rod turning a corner and gunning to gone in sixty seconds.

“Since the party’s already started… where’s my flash Mouse?”

The entire field lit up in a pulse of chasing lights, then was silent again.  The plane surged forward, faster than it ever had, whine of engines fierce, the bump of tires on blacktop ceasing within seconds to render them airborne.  Throttle increased, the side turn taking them out over the harbor in a wide circle.  It was several minutes of darkness, the cabin slowly lighting up in dim running lights, wings finally blinking.

“That was fun.  Where to?”

[bodhan]You are not allowed to leave me. Ever.[/bodhan]

The Spaniard wasn’t really sure what to do with that. He had never been wanted like that. Lump in the throat swallowed hard as the grip tightened.

[gabriele]..nunca…[/gabriele]

The soft promise was made in earnest before the car came to a stop.

As the trunk's weight hit his shoulder he heard the whine of the engine betray life in the plane. There was a reason he liked Eris. Others found her too acerbic, but the Spaniard found her efficient, professional. He would have taken blood hits back in the day with her as a wingman anytime. As Bodhan made the top of the ladder, the dark gaze flicked to the flaps moving. Turning he held his free hand out to Chase for the suitcase that held their few belongings. There was no time for the driver to load it and get off, they were out of here.

Suitcase and trunk in tow, the tall form took the stairs two at a time up into the plane, swallow sharp as he felt the vibration under his feet.

[gabriele]…joder..[/gabriele]

The whispered swear was under his breath as he dropped the suitcase to the ground, unlocking the closet and shoving it in before repeating with the larger compartment to push the trunk in.

“Salvatierra, zip us up and buckle in now,”

He was already grabbing the side of the stairs and pulling upward.

[gabriele]Buckle.[/gabriele]

It was a rare growled protective bark at his companion as the dark eyes flashed to Bodhan then back to what he was doing, the hatch banging shut before he grasped the red lever and forced the suction of air from the seal as the craft was bottled up. Sensitive ears listened to the exchange over her com. They had been followed, it was the only explanation for the almost frantic pace. Phone was flipping open even as he dropped into the leather seat across from Bodhan.

[gabriele]Chase… there is a rat sniffing Eris' lair… take care of it.[/gabriele]

Phone snapped shut as the gaze looked at Bodhan, concern written in the expression before the plane began the first movement forward, hand snapping to the arm rest, fingers curling over the handle as the phone was tucked back into the pocket of his blazer, deep breath taken to steady the skitter in his chest.

Then the plane cornered and accelerated and the knuckles turned completely white. Bump on the pavement drained color from the Spanish features as the arm rest groaned softly under the vice. The ricochet into the air dipped the chin as the brow furrowed over ashen features, pupils dilating to pinpricks as he forgot to breathe in the dark.

By the time the lights slowly came up in the cabin, the clench of his jaw was aching his teeth.

“That was fun. Where to?”

Lips parted only to close again, breath still not moving in his chest, vampire pallor decidedly gray as tongue snaked over his lips as air finally escaped his chest and he got it together.

[gabriele]..Glamis.[/gabriele]

The location likely meant nothing to Bodhan, but meant everything to the Sheut. It only now dawned on the Spaniard though that she might have never been there. Headquarters was reserved for upper level business. It was possible she had taken the Minister of North America, but Adrian rarely made the trek to Scotland. Not like he could offer directions…. take a right at Manhattan?

Another breath came as they leveled off and the flight smoothed, tentative smile offered Bodhan as he still didn’t recall to unclench the fingers that were blanched in a death grip of the arm rest. He needed to explain things to Bodhan, about what it meant to register with the Nation and where they were going so that he could refuse if he wished. But the Spaniard needed a little more time to compose himself, and it was a long flight. They had time.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "…joder.."

Eyes flicked to the vampire that was loading everything into the plane with a fervor.  Helping wasn't really an option, he seemed to have it under control.  The plane was dark, soft glow from the cockpit drawing light jade gaze to the rather small woman fiercely clicking through flight checks. 

“Salvatierra, zip us up and buckle in now,”

This was really happening, forgetting to breathe.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "Buckle."

The feel of being shut off from the rest of the world stopped his heart, Gabe's tone the final nail in the coffin.  Who knew when they were coming back?  While they were in New York, there was a chance he would get to speak with Maree again, maybe even see her.  It was dashed, brows furling to watch the Spaniard drop to the seat across from him.  Trusting him over his blood.  It felt strange, and painful... heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time, focusing when he snapped open his phone to stay whatever problems had followed them.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "Chase… there is a rat sniffing Eris' lair… take care of it."

He'd been right to be hasty, the first pop of gunfire bringing from the dark shadow's of his lover's face to the window, the sudden movement bringing it back.  The Czech had flown so much the only thing that bothered him was the stuffiness of his ears, and he even had a trick to calm that.  The Spaniard?  He wasn't so sure.  Odd.  How could...?  The plane turned, a sea of lights coming into view before the large swing out over dark nothingness.  Lower lip had firmly etched between his teeth.  There was no chance now, lump in his throat seeming to cork the emptiness only for a moment as the warmth he'd felt over the last few days slowly drained away and left him cold.  Soft running lights along the overhead finally came up, lashes lowered to hide the disappointment.

“That was fun. Where to?”

Sad eyes came up to the vampire, waiting for the answer, studying the pallor.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "..Glamis."

California?

It was now a shithole of sand and sun.  Didn't seem likely.  The only other one he knew was Scotland.  Eyebrow cocked.  What the hell was in Scotland?

[bodhan]Are you afraid of flying?[/bodhan]  he asked quietly.  [bodhan]More dangerous on the ground you know...[/bodhan]

He settled back into the chair, watching out the window.  The clouds had even denied him a look at the sky.

If anything the vampire knew how to move.  There was no time, and he didn't fuck around.  If she was going to be on the top of her game to save someone's ass, she expected them to be too.  Most of the time, she ferried those she didn't give a shit about.  They fucked up her plane, she would have dumped them in the harbor from a thousand feet.  The Nation, she would have rode the damn thing into the ocean if it would have saved one of their lives.  Salvatierra was in that category.  His tone with his companion was hard to gauge, unsure if it was from the Spaniard's nervousness when he flew, or who the man was.  Someone important to the Nation perhaps.  They had a tendency to collect those that they thought were important to their cause, which meant important enough to protect.  Could have been either.  This take-off was not going to settle's the man's nerves and for that she would sincerely apologize.  She loved her plane, and loved to push its limits as it launched into flight and sliced through the darkness.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "Chase… there is a rat sniffing Eris' lair… take care of it."

The thin strip of reflective glass in her windshield had been installed not long ago, feeling a bit like a bus driver spying on the kids in the back.  She now needed to, after a rich ferry had turned into a drunken fuck in her leather seats.  She'd replaced the seats, no way she or any of her other crew would clean some douchebag's squee out of her plane.  Asshole had paid dearly for it too. 

Coffee soft eyes watched the Spaniard every few moments.  It came in handy for him as well.  The suave brute decided to bail and open her up because of a freakout during a take-off or landing, she needed to head him off at the pass.

In the high turn she could see action on the ground, flashes of light, then silence.

"Talk to me Goose..."  lips with vintage Ruby Woo MAC lipstick smirked.

*npc*  Can I keep his guys?

Han rarely smiled, but she could hear the quirk in her voice.

"Sure,"  she answered with a quiet chuckle.  "Feed them, break out the best beer.  Have fun.  Be back in a few.  Vesper out."

The smile however, fell from her features when the man answered her destination. 

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "..Glamis."

Once.  A drop off and back into the air.  She'd been there once, questions popping through her thoughts to overflow.  Something was going on, listening quietly to the companion in the chair ask the Spaniard the question of the century, trying to place his accent.

"Apologies for the slingshot Mr. Salvatierra, but weather is clear.  Should be a calm eight hours."

It was several moments before the heart stopped its irregular skittering thunder in his chest. Swallow less thick as he found composure in the smoother glide of the plane, though the grip on the arm rests remained.

[bodhan] Are you afraid of flying? More dangerous on the ground you know...[/bodhan]

He heard the Czech but was loathe to answer since he never lied to the younger man and yet he wasn’t ready to admit his ridiculous flaw, particularly in front of Eris. The thin veil of moisture that had erupted on his brow was "casually" wiped back as his hand pulled through the curls to rest on the back of his neck as his head leaned back. Eyes closed a moment as he finally managed to uncurl blanched fingers from the arm rest and laid them in his lap before the deep brown gaze slid open again, furrow of his brow thoughtful. So many things he could have been thinking of, yet what was on his mind was…..

[gabriele]… I didn’t finish setting up a new communication line for you and Mar.[/gabriele]

Her name was abbreviated in a way that seemed to be more to protect her identity than as a nickname. Eyes fell on Bodhan softly.

[gabriele].. but it will be by the time we are back…. Promise.[/gabriele]

"Apologies for the slingshot Mr. Salvatierra, but weather is clear. Should be a calm eight hours."

Eight hours. Joder. He was going to have a meltdown by then. He had come over to the states via boat, not plane. People were not supposed to be off the ground dammit. He needed a drink. Fortunately when he flew, it was something Eris seemed to always have stocked. Again, he trusted her to have it right.

Eyes flicked up to the cockpit, head shook slightly.

[gabriele]..no worries Eris. Sorry for the short notice on the long trip, but you are wanted in Glamis.[/gabriele]

It was the first indication that she was more than the chauffeur on this trip.

Deep eyes turned their attention once more completely on Bodhan, gentle crinkle at the corners beyond the dark lashes betraying the softening of an encouraging smile.

[gabriele]…Glamis is….[/gabriele]

The dark gaze flicked towards Eris, knowing this conversation would walk very close to the line of "forbidden" per the Nation. Not quite crossing, though damn close. But he wasn’t letting Bodhan walk into there in the dark. Besides, he was already listed as a "friendly" in the records. Gaze came back to Bodhan once more.

[gabriele]…is headquarters.[/gabriele]

Headquarters of what.. Bodhan would know. Elbows rested on his knees, fingers rubbing together as the breath drew slow, still working on the calm.

[gabriele]I am not sure if what just happened in New York was because of me or because of you yet, but I will find out I promise.[/gabriele]

Hand rubbed over the shadow of scruff on his cheek as the head shook, concerned gaze flicking up into the younger jade.

[gabriele]…but it just made more clear that I would like you to have the chance to be formally registered as Sheut. If… if you do it will…[/gabriele]

Eyes glanced a bit over his shoulder knowing the woman in the cockpit likely was not missing a single word, and he wasn’t going to make his words ambiguous to try and make a different impression of what he was saying… gaze came back to lock on Bodhan.

[gabriele]… you will have access to all the Sheut safe houses around the world, as well as access to some of the best labs in the world.[/gabriele]

Head shook gently.

[gabriele]..none of which you ever have to use if you don’t want but at least… at least you would have the option. Also would mean you could be protected by more than just me.[/gabriele]

He didn’t care if Eris knew his "preference" secret. She was Sheut as well, they kept the secrets of their own so long as those secrets were not critical knowledge for the safety of the Nation. Penetrating warmth of the earth sought the jade in earnest.

[gabriele]…I know I can't keep you in a china cabinet, Carazon, but I also can't lose you….I… I just can't.[/gabriele]

He didn't know how else to say it.

It had been so long since he’d been in an airplane.  Before the Event, they were a constant part of his existence.  Back and forth, to and fro from every lab in every country, to every remote location.  He’d gotten to the point where the hum of the engine could lull him to sleep, and the reality of their safety versus his own safety on the ground considering what he did made them a safe haven most of the time.  Attention moved from the darkness to the vampire when there was no answer, the feigned rifle of his hair giving him all the answers he needed.

"… I didn’t finish setting up a new communication line for you and Mar… but it will be by the time we are back…. Promise."

[bodhan]Jo,[/bodhan] he answered quietly, knowing where the Spaniard was going with it.  [bodhan]You call her Mar and she’ll kick your ass.  Well, she kicks my ass and I’m her brother, she might just kill you for it.[/bodhan]

The quirked humor met the terrified vampire’s expression, watching the pilot a moment when she apologized for her rather hasty takeoff.

"..no worries Eris. Sorry for the short notice on the long trip, but you are wanted in Glamis."

They knew each other.  On a first name basis?  Suspicious gaze studied her from his vantage point.  Was she Sheut too?  Or… brow cocked slightly, leaning slightly to the side to get a better vantage point before settling back in his chair to watch the older man glance at the pilot again.  Interesting.   

"…Glamis is… …is headquarters."

Head leaned back against the headrest.  Now he was really curious.  He’d known they were leaving, not necessarily that quickly.  Hiring a pilot he was on first name basis with that headquarters wanted to speak to.  Why was he being taken too?  He could have just as easily went back to LA.  Gabe had been gone for days before, he didn’t need the Czech to go with him, unless there was some kind of ulterior motive.

"I am not sure if what just happened in New York was because of me or because of you yet, but I will find out I promise.  …but it just made more clear that I would like you to have the chance to be formally registered as Sheut. If… if you do it will…"

Calm features were cautious, watching the Spaniard look toward the cockpit again.  He wasn’t sure what to think.   The more he explained, lip chewed thoughtfully, gaze back on the darkness out the window, lashes flushing open wide as the plane breached the overcast and the first streak of violet opened up against the night sky.  It was breathtaking from this height.  What could he do with a proper lab?  Anything, and everything… but for who?  For himself?  Would they ask him for something in return?  He’d never done anything he didn’t want to do, he wouldn’t start now.  Tearing his eyes and thoughts away, he blinked again at Gabe.  He’d heard every word.

"…I know I can't keep you in a china cabinet, Carazon, but I also can't lose you….I… I just can't."

Expression was concerned, soft sigh from his nose.

[bodhan]I’m not in one,[/bodhan]  hands moved to his lap.  [bodhan]I never have been.  I work on my own terms.  I always have.  You know that, when we first met you knew that.  I wasn’t going to give you a damn thing of what you wanted.[/bodhan]

Lips pursed.

[bodhan]Just…  want to make sure it’s you that doesn’t want to lose me… not, the Nation.[/bodhan]

It had to be said. He was on a plane, with most likely two vampires, heading to the headquarters to be registered like a dog license.  He wasn’t sure how he felt about it… not yet.

☣ " Are you afraid of flying? More dangerous on the ground you know..."

Smile was soft, gaze flicking to the ginger, checking through a clipboard to make sure she had the appropriate heading.  It would be a tight trip on gas, not expecting the answer to her apology.

gallery_1151_21_69349_zps7958e6fc.png "..no worries Eris. Sorry for the short notice on the long trip, but you are wanted in Glamis."

Smile faded.  She didn't like to be lassoed into ulterior motives, she was a courier, she'd always been a courier.  Her behavior as of late was not something she would apologize for.  Too many bastard bloodsuckers were dancing the edge of exposing them all, and nobody was around to call them on their bullshit.  New York effectively had its ass kicked back into shape, and she was slowly moving outward.  She would not let everything she'd risked go to shit because blood-ho's had nothing better to do than live out their adolescent movie fantasies. They hadn't seen the horrors she had, or dragged their own kind from death.  They didn't deserve to be called a vampire, let alone Sheut, and she would continue to stake the shits and light them on fire. If headquarters had a problem with that, they could go fuck themselves.

The Spaniard's conversation was not lost on her, listening to the stranger's accent, absorbing their words.  Wife?  Sister?  Someone had been left behind.  They were probably dead, if they had gotten through her fence line... they would get anywhere else in the city.  It wasn't her concern.  Eyes again moved to his companion when the man spoke of labs.  Holy shit, was that who she thought it was?  There was no way.  How in the hell had Salvatierra managed to find him?  How the hell had he managed to survive?

Oh good lord, it was his sister.  And this labrat, she knew him... was Salvatierra's lover.  More than, it seemed.  Hm.  Great loss for her team.  Fuck.

"Your own terms won't protect you when someone takes those you love,"  she knew from experience.  The man was proud, she got that. She was also speaking out of turn.  It wasn't her place, yet it was.  "We can.  We protect our own, at any cost.  Anyone alive you've ever worked with, knows you traveled with your sister.  There aren't many of your caliber left, they'll be looking.  You're important to Salvatierra, so you're important to me.  If there is anything I can do to help, ask."

Coming from her, it was a heavy promise.  It was rare a person in the Nation didn't know who the pilot was and what she'd done for the Sheut- even with their secrecy pact.  She picked up the air-ground telephone, dialing quietly.  She wanted to keep the radios clear.  The phone rang, Han answered.

"Have mouse call back in fifteen,"  voice was quiet.  "Tech and surveillance request."

She placed the phone back on its cradle, no idea if she could get the Spaniard to the cockpit to answer it, but this seemed a bit more important than waiting until they got back.  Eyes flicked up to watch the labrat.

"Nice to see you survived Marin.  Was at your seminar in genetic algorithms in Chicago.  Brilliant.  Savatierra, the phone is going to ring in fifteen minutes, it will be for you.  Mouse can do anything you need.  The bar is stocked, go grab a drink or two before you come up here."

[bodhan]Jo[/bodhan]

Smile tried to emerge over tight lips as he listened to his explanation of his sister's nickname. Faint nod at the warning that she might kill him for it.

[gabriele]…noted..[/gabriele]

But what little humor that emerged at talking of his sister was quickly evaporating as the Spaniard explained where they were going and why.

[bodhan] You know that, when we first met…….. I wasn’t going to give you a damn thing of what you wanted. [/bodhan]

The smile that fought through the tension of fear was more prevalent, he had been very aware of that.

[gabriele]I know..[/gabriele] [bodhan]Just… want to make sure it’s you that doesn’t want to lose me… not, the Nation.[/bodhan]

Smile evaporated instantly, the wince at the corner of dark eyes, immediate. That his confession was met with doubt of his intentions struck a raw nerve the Spaniard was not aware he even had. Like a smacked puppy the eyes averted. Affirmations of the heart were not in the vampire's normal repertoire. Lips parted to reply but he was saved by Eris' words instead.

The Spaniard stood and moved to the back of the plane where the small kitchenette resided, letting her take Bodhan's attention while the vampire tried to compose himself once more.

[eris]We protect our own, at any cost. Anyone alive you've ever worked with, knows you traveled with your sister. There aren't many of your caliber left, they'll be looking. You're important to Salvatierra, so you're important to me. If there is anything I can do to help, ask.[/eris]

Glass was poured deep with an aged whiskey, a second glass pulled from the cabinet to bring to Bodhan's side. Placing it on the small table beside the leather seat he set a bottle of amaretto next to the glass as he dropped back into a chair, the bottle of whiskey set on his own table as he drank deep of his first pour. He wasn’t sure she was making it sound any better, though it was all the truth.

Leaning forward his elbows rested on his knees as he watched the dark liquor swirl at the bottom of his own glass. The words were quiet.

[gabriele]You never have to lift a finger in benefit of the Nation if you don’t want to.[/gabriele]

It was borderline blaspheme, he knew this, but something told him Eris wasn’t the sort to go sprinting to the Nation for such a mild transgression. Besides, his own pledge to the Nation had been with a caveat of his own.

[gabriele]… you only have to pledge to never betray it.[/gabriele]

Edge of his glass rolled along the front of his brow breath deep before finishing, not caring what Eris might think of his "qualified" commitment.

[gabriele]I swore myself to protect and never betray it…….so long as it never betrayed me.[/gabriele]

Pledges to the Nation were not supposed to be conditional. The fact that his was and that he was still made acting Viceroy seemed a contradiction in and of itself. There was more to the man than there seemed.

[eris]Nice to see you survived Marin. Was at your seminar in genetic algorithms in Chicago. Brilliant. Salvatierra, the phone is going to ring in fifteen minutes, it will be for you. Mouse can do anything you need. The bar is stocked, go grab a drink or two before you come up here.[/eris]

Dark eyes flicked towards the cockpit, way ahead of her offer. Lips pursed a bit before dropping back the rest of his glass and pouring another. An unexpected bump in the "road" instantly made feet splay on the floor, free hand snatching the arm rest as the other threatened to crack the glass it held so tight as pupils dilated to pinpoints before flushing wide again. This was going to be a long fucking eight hour flight. Thick dark lashes fluttered closed when no more turbulence came, his stuck breath finally releasing.

What a pussy the great "Executioner" was.

Lips found the glass again before head leaned back against leather. Dark earthen orbs melted open to look at Bodhan. The Spaniard's heart on his sleeve for once as the quiet words hummed over the engine thrum.

[gabriele]..I want it for your protection and for that alone. If you say you don’t want it, I will drop you at my cabin in Scotland, take care of my business in Glamiss and be back to spend that promised vacation together and wont speak of it again.[/gabriele]

The soft smile that tugged at the deep expression betrayed his age along the weathered lines of a hardened life. Standing he finished his second glass and set it on the small side table before leaning down to run fingers in the back of Bodhan's ginger locks, lips softly kissing the top of his forehead before drawing back again, it was almost time for that call.

[gabriele]… the choice is entirely yours. Don’t rush, you have some time.[/gabriele]

Fingers lingered a moment before slipping away as he moved to the cockpit to sit sideways on the chair beside Eris, dark eyes staring at his hands as they hung between his knees, elbows resting on suited thighs as he drew another cleansing breath.

[gabriele]…thanks for the escape route.[/gabriele]

The Spaniard’s wince was not lost on him, angry at the immediately averted gaze.  Did the man really know him at all?  He wasn’t a lapdog, for anyone, and he also wasn’t one to lay lightly in someone else’s bed either.

[eris]Your own terms won't protect you when someone takes those you love[/eris]

Pale lashes flicked immediately to the cockpit, anger bristling. Protectiveness, lips pressing into a firm line at the mention of his sister.  Eyes remained on the cockpit, even as Gabe got up to find a drink.  If the man had a normal liver, it would have been scorched by now and the Czech would definitely be on his ass every day for his drinking.  Hooded eyes watched the bottle of amaretto take its place next to him, the liquid quivering minutely at the vibration of the plane.

"You never have to lift a finger in benefit of the Nation if you don’t want to. … you only have to pledge to never betray it.  I swore myself to protect and never betray it…….so long as it never betrayed me."

Gaze didn’t move.  He didn’t like ultimatums.  And if it did betray him?  Or Gabe, or Maree?  Did they understand truly what the Czech could do to them if it ever came to that?  Was that why they were willing to accept him into their flock?  How exactly did he tell them that if they fucked him or anyone he loved over he could make their eyeballs melt before their next meal?  Angled jaw had set, it was his turn to be quiet and foreboding, full upper lip rolling through his lower teeth before the gaze moved to settle out into the darkness.

[eris]Nice to see you survived Marin. Was at your seminar in genetic algorithms in Chicago. Brilliant. [/eris]

He ignored her, not surprised she knew who he was.  Had Gabe told her?  Had the Nation told her?  It was hard to believe that he would be whisked away to a very special place without some big wig’s permission.  Brow cocked slightly, gaze moving back to the Spaniardjust as the plane dipped and the man snapped out like a cat threatened with being thrown from a balcony.  When he regained his composure, the expression that met his was familiar… an obstinate scientist being dangled from his arm with a knife in his belly.

"..I want it for your protection and for that alone. If you say you don’t want it, I will drop you at my cabin in Scotland, take care of my business in Glamiss and be back to spend that promised vacation together and wont speak of it again."

Blink finally softened his expression.  He would have ultimatums, not entirely sure that would be allowed.  If not, then what?  They couldn’t be together?  He would be a target?  Sigh was forgiving, leaning into the Spaniard’s touch.

"… the choice is entirely yours. Don’t rush, you have some time."

It wasn’t, not really.  He had to make it for more than one person, hand moving up to acknowledge the older man’s touch before he disappeared into the cockpit to take care of business.  Eight hours was not nearly enough time to make a decision.  He was certain they wouldn’t want to hear that.

Headphones had long since been pushed down around her neck; she could hear anything she needed coming over them.  Lips quirked slightly as she listened to the exchange in the back of her cabbie. It felt like she was supposed to be pretending she didn’t speak English.  Good god.  Just have a make-up fuck and get it over already, NOT on her leather seats.  Heavily darkened eyes rose enough to catch the Czech’s glare at her through her mirrored glass, the smirk back at him charming.  Hm, sassy little thing wasn’t he?  She didn’t acknowledge the big brute as he sat next to her in the cockpit, looking like a tired puppy- surprised he actually got his ass up there.

"…thanks for the escape route."

[eris]You’re welcome,[/eris] delivery was dry, lips twisting into a smirk and half chuckle as she reached above her head and flipped a switch.  [eris]I was saving my own ass though.  He’s not known for doing things anyone else’s way.  Brilliant, Nation needs him.  If he says no, you better keep him and his sister out of sight and him happy, NOT on my leather seats.  I’d be looking over my shoulder at night if he wasn’t on our side.[/eris]

Glance at him wasn’t condescending, it was knowing.  She wasn’t immune to his pain.  There were many nights when she watched her own obsession pine over things he couldn’t solve, or control.  She did what she could to ease his internal turmoil, but in the end he had to silence his own demons.  All she could do was be there at the day’s end to help him forget his world.

[eris]A thousand screaming thigh sweats just silenced for you Salvatierra.  I am incredibly jealous of that genius in my back seat.  Traitor,[/eris] mood lightened considerably.  She wasn’t above trying to cheer someone up.  She liked the man. He wasn’t an asshole, but this was also business.  [eris]Mouse is my techie.  Altered techies are fucking amazing, she can talk to electronics… see data streams.  You’ll be talking over the radio ground phone, she’ll be watching your voice in the air like reading a book.  Whatever you need… she’s incredible.[/eris]

She watched him for a moment.

[eris]When you’re done, maybe I’ll let you fly the plane for a minute… you can even wear my cool pilot hat.[/eris]

Bodhan was so quiet. There was more the Spaniard wanted to say but he needed to take care of Eris' offer to assist. To refuse it would be an insult, but he was also not all that secure with her position on the matter to go sending her "staff" into "Jo"s home even though he knew where she was now. Odd, that he actually trusted the Nord more at this point with her safety than his own Nation. Perhaps because the Nord's ulterior motives were clear whereas the Nation was always clouded in mystery.

[eris]…Brilliant, Nation needs him.[/eris][gabriele]He isn't a "thing" for them to have. Its up to him.[/gabriele]

Words were quiet as the warm gaze slid back to the Czech in the cabin, the affection behind the dark orbs unmistakable.

[eris] If he says no, you better keep him and his sister out of sight..[/eris] [gabriele]…I know.[/gabriele]

Quiet words came as the gaze fell to the floor at his feet, a hint of a smile at the corner of spanish lips as she talked about keeping Bodhan happy.

[eris]…. NOT on my leather seats.[/eris] [gabriele]NOT on your life.[/gabriele]

The growled response came as eyes snapped up to her with a purse on his lips, nostrils flaring with a snort before the smirk ghosted.

[gabriele]…besides… your seats couldn’t handle it.[/gabriele]

[eris] A thousand screaming thigh sweats just silenced for you Salvatierra. I am incredibly jealous of that genius in my back seat. Traitor.[/eris]

There was a harumph in his chest.

[gabriele]I have had that thigh sweat before… nothing but bitter and full of claws.[/gabriele]

There was a lifetime of denying himself in the words. He listened silently to her explanation of Mouse and the call he was going to get. She thought highly of her people, and from what he had seen thus far, she had reason to think highly of them.

[eris]When you’re done, maybe I’ll let you fly the plane for a minute… you can even wear my cool pilot hat.[/eris]

[gabriele]..people were meant to stay on the ground…[/gabriele]

Grumble was half under his breath just as the phone rang. The furrowed brow still chastised as he picked it up. Voice was quiet but there was an easy authority in it.

[gabriele]…hey Mouse. I had some trackers come flip the hotel room. Need to know why they were there and who for. Also need the NY ER under surveillance. Someone works there I want to keep an eye on. Lukas will stop by soon with as much as he could find in the hotel room. I also need a bug sweeper by the time I get back. Something powerful enough to sweep rooms including through sheetrock.[/gabriele]

It was a tall order, but if she was as good as Eris thought, she should be able to do it just fine. Phone was hung up with a nod to Eris.

[gabriele]…thanks.[/gabriele]

Pushing up from the cockpit seat he swayed on unsteady legs before his muscles found their strength again. Damn he hated flying. Making his way back to the chair he dropped into it, breath exhaling sharply as he reached for the empty glass and refilled. Warm eyes watched Bodhan. He was afraid for him, for him and for Maree. And not even the Nation would be allowed to touch without permission.

Glass rim rolled back and forth on his lower lip thoughtfully before soft words were found.

[gabriele]…I want to be very clear. The Nation is not even aware you are coming. And if they ever came after you, it would be a betrayal of me, freeing me of my pledge. I will choose you over the Nation….. every time.[/gabriele]

It was a dangerous declaration. If Eris chose to betray him this might be his last visit to Glamiss. Ausar was reasonable, his own acceptance into the Sheut after his conditional pledge was evidence of that. But there were limits, the Spaniard just wasn’t sure where that limit might be.

Archived