SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • Northern Delights: Help Wanted.

It had been a long month since the Blood Moon had passed. Unnuk was thankful the Yura had made it through the ordeal safely, her shop however...that was another story. She had been forced to close her store down for most of the past month due to damages to the merchandise, and the storefront itself. Today however, she was about to complete her final piece of work.

She hung the "Help Wanted" sign on the door and then flipped the closed sign to Open. She unlocked the door and made her way behind the tea counter, waiting for her customers to begin showing up.

A sleek pair of off the rack denims and a peasant shirt had been today’s clothing choices. Though rain came and went this time of year ( probably a welcome cleansing from that weird night into waking up naked and covered in flesh in the basement of …well yea thrilling date night) she had forgone a jacket. Sneakers strode down the rows of shops, she loved hunting through them for the unusual, probably dating back to her work with the Van. Always looking. Though now it was more for personal pleasure than a job.

Up ahead one of the shops that looked shiny – a lot had to repair themselves after that night-its name ‘ Northern Lights’ took her fancy. She had spent time up North before….it had been a wild and fierce place. Then the Aurora lights….breathtaking. So deciding it was a sign she turned smartly and pushed open the door. A plethora of scents washed over her and none were unpleasant. This had been a good choice. Also stopped her from going to the boutique and over paying for some shirt!

A ready smile because while she knew what she was, she prioritized it as one of those things she shelved until the moon came. It was like having a secret bad habit that you only trotted out once a month. Or of course she could do what she used to do and claim it was the horrid monthlies. No one questioned her disappearance because lets face it, shifting sky or not no one in their right mind really wants a PMSing female in the office. There is all kinds of wrong that goes with that.

• 4 weeks later...

"Welcome to Northern Delights!"

Unnuk called as she stood up from behind the book counter. Yura lay in his usual spot, and even as she stood and spoke her right hand never stopped petting between his ears. As the wind from outside carried the scent of the newcomer over to them however the fox's ears perked up and he looked at his owner. She in turn looked back at him and shrugged before saying out loud: "It's not a big deal Yura."

"My name is Unnuk, I am the proprietor of this store. Are you looking for books? Perhaps you're here to try one of our exotic blends of Labrador tea? I am the only one in the area that can make it after all."

She said with a friendly wink and a smile as she stepped out from behind the counter. Adorned in a simple white blouse, a pair of dress slacks, and an asymmetric white fur sash around her waist, that was small on the left side but swooped down to her right knee before returning to her left behind her, she cut a rather striking pose and figure. 

(Sorry, I've been gone from home a lot. Works been having us do 10 to 12 hour days and weekends have just been one event right after the other.)

• 2 weeks later...

Due to those senses she got with the rest of the rot, Sage appreciated the interior far more. Though the smells identified other 'creatures' which pretty much covered everything that breathed. Well okay vamps did not breathe but she had not seen any since she got the cool monthly curse. " Oh hello, I had to come in, the shop front just demands it" She pivoted and smiled warmly at what was obviously the proprietress. " Hi.. Unnukvery pretty name by the way, I am Sage...Sage Monroe. And yes please with the tea. I think if you are going to have something new, it better be by the one that can make it" 

Humor danced in those eyes and the cat within remained at ease. She was learning a lot about that inner sense. Gut instinct was a total understatement for it. But it was a good indicator of probable issues. "And yes to books. I think I am pretty outdated, I prefer to hold bound literature and not a tablet. " There was a thing , this feeling when fingers touched pages, the smell of books that no digital thing a mabob could ever replace. 

Archived