SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • Dressed You Up

Erika Wolff

Date: January 01, 2018

Time: 12:04AM

--

So, she had done it. She’d made it. Erika had finally gone along with the cliché and allowed herself to be down in Times Square for the big ball drop. The singer should have been happy to blend in so easily with the crowd. The redhead wasn’t so well known that she would have been performing on stage, but she still enjoyed the bands playing. Instead of losing herself for a time, she’d grown more withdrawn. The last six hours, Erika had been on edge, twitchy almost. It was cold outside, bitterly so and yet she felt like she was sweating. Her body temperature was up, which to the musician meant one thing.

Gritting her teeth, Erika slowly made her way through the crowds, past the couples kissing for New Year’s Day. A man on leave from the military had proposed to his girlfriend and instead of speaking or clapping, she just moved quickly past them. How many years now had she watched people proposing marriage or other things to each other all because the camera was suddenly pointed on them? How often did she see it on TV?

Was there anything really spectacular about Times Square? Senses almost bombarded with sound and lights from all directions, the redhead managed to hold herself together until she reached the edge of an alley. Sniffing lightly and pulling her coat closer to her body, she pressed her back to the freezing stone, willing the chill to cool her body down. If she could without drawing too much attention, the singer would have stripped herself bare and gone running down the streets. Hot…so hot… Seconds ticked by, her heartbeat beginning to pound in her ears, each rhythmic thump sounding like a sledgehammer battering at the wall behind her. Flaring her nostrils to try and suck in more cold air wasn’t helping at all.

The heat coursing through her veins now was almost unbearable. Her fingers twitched, her hands balling up into fists at her sides as she decided to just let her coat hang free. You wanted to come out here… She reminded herself angrily. Despite the risks. Her face was flushed, and the singer was struggling to keep her composure.

Beginning as a trickle at her temple, sweat was beginning to run in rivulets down her back. The full moon was barely over a day away. Stupid, stupid! She should have stayed home! It was how cold out here? And yet she looked like she was suffering through the summer with too many clothes on. In a way, she was… Her own personal summer.

January 1, 2018

Yawning a bit too widely for it at all to be appropriate, Julie found herself trudging forwards along with the crowd. She was exhausted, plainly put. She, just like the thousands of people around her, had been waiting there for at least five hours. Unlike the rest, she had actually brought food and water with her. She wasn’t partaking of any alcohol. Still, the temperature was best described as ‘utterly freezing’. She was pretty sure that had she sneezed, it would have frozen mid-air. Her eyelids fluttered just a little and the brunette shook herself a bit to stay awake. It wouldn’t do to fall asleep standing. Pale blue eyes remained half focused on the back of the man in front of her and half on the ground.

Paper, empty beer cans, confetti and other bits of trash were liberally strewn across the ground out there. She felt bad for the cleaning crew that would be coming in behind this crowd. Where there were lots of people, lots of garbage seemed to follow though. Eventually, a space in the crowd opened a bit and she stepped through it. Her eyes had a faint greenish glow to them and she knew Deablo was busy feeding away on all the excess life energy around them.  In all honestly, she didn’t blame the entity. There wasn’t a risk of overdoing it here. Not with so many people nearby.

Outside the pocket of humanity for now, Julie took the time to pull out a cigarette and light up. Smoking was bad for her. She knew it was bad for her and yet…. Humming lightly as she filled her lungs with smoke, she lifted her head to the sky and let the smoke roll out of her nostrils. Every doctor’s visit, she was reminded to quit smoking. Every time she had a chest x-ray and it was clear, she was reminded that she wouldn’t remain so lucky. The truth was that she barely had chest colds. Her breathing was the same as it always had been. She didn’t want to question it…it helped relieve stress and so she smoked.

That is a filthy habit. A voice in her head piped up. You should consider stopping.

Do I question you when you want to eat the neighbors? At the silence, Julie let a smile curl her lips. You should allow me thi--

Something’s wrong. At this, Julie tensed. She hadn’t heard anything and no one seemed out of the ordinary…or did they? Feel around you… Julie perched the cigarette in the left corner of her mouth and looked around. Squinting just a bit, she lowered her head. Her eyes became completely black, what looked to be tendrils of darkness licking at the edges of her eye sockets. Rocking a bit on her heels, her head held low, Julie tried to ‘ferret’ out what Deablo had been grumbling over. It unnerved her that her other half could sense things to a small degree, but that there was no bleed-through on her end. "Then again…" She muttered, remembering what Deablo could actually do… Maybe not feeling anything directly from it was a good thing.

Julie turned on her heel, lifting her head once she had oriented which direction she was heading in. Sealing down her empathy still felt so odd. Sort of like pulling the plug in a sink filled with water. The dark shadowy fingers drew back into her body, leaving behind a distinct chill. Shivering just a little, she followed her line of sight. Hundreds of hearts were in the streets tonight and yet one of them was more distinctly crying for help than the others. Likely was the proximity too. Her steps faltered just a bit as she spotted a figure huddled near the alley. Shivering just a little, she pulled her hat on tighter and walked closer.

Her eyes narrowed just a bit as she got closer, widening in recognition. "You have got to be kidding me…." She muttered under her breath. Already, she was itching for the next cigarette and wasn’t done with the one she was smoking already. "Erika?" She questioned carefully.

Was she imagining the steam coming from her own nose? Uncurling one of her hands, Erika held it up near her face and blew out of her nose. No…just her imagination. Everyone’s breath was causing small clouds of fog in front of their faces. Her imagination told her that her puffs of breath were bigger still though. Exhaling in a rush, Erika lightly rolled her eyes and glanced skyward. Soon…. She promised herself. The crowds could only last for so long and then she would be free to head home. And what was to keep her from it now? Too many people on the ground. Too much of a delay. Her motorcycle was down the alley, covered up to help it blend in better. A quick glance confirmed that it was still there. Her shoulders sagged a bit as she surveyed the crowd passing her. So freaking hot… The heat was relentlessly building in her body to debilitating levels. The singer wanted to scream out her displeasure, give voice to her severe discomfort, but managed to hold back by sheer force of will. Her vision was blurring a little, disorienting her further. Lowering her head for a moment, she removed her hat and folded her arms. Fuzzy hat held securely in one hand, she lightly tossed her head. Her fiery locks were damp, completely soaked through with sweat and briefly created a flaming halo around her head. 

The musician actually tossed her head a few more times, feeling immense relief with the sudden burst of cold air. Feeling her temperature stabilize for a few moments, she surveyed the passing people in front of her with a bit less delirium. A familiar set of eyes stared back at her and approached. Unexpectedly, her nostrils flared again. She knew that long, irritating stare anywhere…the gaze belonging to someone she still had unresolved feelings for.

Suddenly more uncomfortable, she squirmed again, inching closer to the alley. Maybe she could run off before this confrontation, even though there were people walking past the opposite end of the blasted alley. This was not at all what she needed today. Tears were threatening to blur her vision again. Hearing her name, she responded in the only way she could. “Fuck!” Teeth gritted, lips quivering…she gave the other woman an angry glare. This was not the time! This was not the place for this! I will not cry…I will not cry… Tears welled up regardless and spilled down her cheeks. Unable to form the words and wondering why, her mind spoke what she could not. Why the fuck did you come to find me? She didn’t want to assume anyone had spoken to the brunette at all.

I wasn’t mistaken. Julie’s features softened. Dark brows pinched together in worry, noticing the flushed face and sweating. Something’s wrong here. She’d also noticed how she’d been greeted with profanity, but chose to not focus too closely on it. "What’s wrong?" Julie finally asked after a moment. She noticed how the red-haired woman was trying to put distance between them. Swallowing hard Julie took a deep drag from the cigarette, acknowledging her own fault in the current mess between them. "Are you sick?" If anything, Erika should have been sick…what with having her coat open and no hat on at all in this type of weather.

No, you fool. Julie’s eyes twitched a bit at the corners and she inclined her head to the right, as if listening to someone whispering in her ear. What’s the date? Pale blue eyes narrowed to slits as Julie tried to decipher exactly what she was being told. It wasn’t easy, what with Deablo trying to be mysterious. Half of the time, it drove her nearly up the wall when her hateful other half decided to act like that. 

"It’s January the first, two-thousand eightee--Wait…" She took a cautious step closer to Erika, noting the tears as well as the ever presence of sweat. "It’s almost the--" Biting her bottom lip, she took a risk and stepped closer to Erika. Then, with no warning, she jerkily moved closer and pressed a hand against the singer’s chest, right above her breasts. The eyes now looking into Erika’s were a luminous green, close in hue to the eyes of the redhead.

"I know you don’t trust me. That’s fine. I wouldn’t trust me too much either." Deablo offered blithely. She pulled the cigarette out of her mouth and crushed it under her boot. She really hated Julie’s smoking. "I know that you two have a…history." Which sounded utterly ludicrous, as if Deablo was excluding herself from the entire situation. "The point is that you have a problem… And I have a solution." The redhead was probably the only person Deablo didn’t want to immediately activate her feeding aura around. Or maybe she just really liked the singer. It was still a mystery to Julie, who at current was still trying to figure out how Deablo had taken control this time. 

She was shut off from sight and sound for the most part. It really wasn't fair. She couldn’t ever seem to fully suppress Deablo like this. 

"I could say this would be a one-off, but I really enjoy when you’re around us." Deablo spoke, intentionally moving closer. She was tantalizingly close to Erika’s lips as she spoke. "I’ll try to keep her around. I promise." She purred lightly. To get what she wanted, Deablo was not above using seduction to get her way. With a full moon so close and threatening the lycanthrope in front of her, she knew she had a bit of an upper hand right now. Her energy is just so delicious…So savory and so very abundant. Deablo was what could be called an opportunistic hunter. Erika was one of the few buffets of near boundless energy that she knew wouldn't try to truly hurt her. 

Even if the sight wasn’t jarring enough, that familiar voice did the job. It was her. She was Erika’s greatest regret…to date at least. The singer could be incredibly jealous and competitive by nature. She didn’t like to lose and with the gorgeous brunette, she felt as if she’d been bested and lost the race. Really? Look at me… No one ever walks out on me! Hadn’t she said that to someone at some point? The ‘who’ exactly evaded her at current. That didn’t erase the fact that the exact person who’d done just that…stood before her now. Swallowing hard, she wasn’t sure how to answer what she’d been asked. She wasn’t sick but right here and right now, she thought she might just lose her dinner. Sniffing lightly, she frowned a bit.

She was surprised to see the other woman was still smoking too. Before they’d parted, she had assumed wrongly that Julie was planning to quit. Suddenly, foreboding filled her as she watched Julie tilt her head as if she was listening to someone. As usual though, no one was there. Her nape rose just a touch. She was not exactly what could be described as ‘fond’ of the one called Deablo. The darker personality had frightened her at first. That had been her mistake the first time with Julie…to assume that she’d found a woman who was a normal human. Nothing about Julie, from her glacial and eerily solid stare to how she acted even in sleep was normal. Abruptly hearing Julie speaking, as if she was responding to Deablo had the red-haired singer inching ever closer to the motorcycle. Maybe she could scamper up the fire escape and flee. Though she really loved the bike.

She was alarmed when Julie suddenly staggered right into her, pressing a hand against her chest. However, if the sudden change of eye color didn’t tip her off that something was different, the wretched voice that she knew didn’t belong to Julie…That right there was a very big hint. “Deablo…” She murmured. Erika was very careful, knowing she was playing with fire. Deablo was dangerous, more deadly than she knew she could be when transformed. Her face flushed further as the dark personality spoke, embarrassment washing over her in waves. What she and Julie had was more than mere history. It was insulting to hear the dark persona trying to reduce the entire affair into something else entirely.

Though unwelcome, she listened carefully as she was reminded of the particular issue she had to deal with monthly. She leaned back, as far as she could with Deablo pressed against her. Her eyes widened once she realized how close the brunette was getting. There were a few other ways that Deablo was different from Julie. She felt her temperature beginning to rise again. This is not good. Those full lips were so close, temptation rearing its horrific head again. Swallowing convulsively, Erika for a moment felt as if she was going to gulp down her own tongue. Her eyes filled with tears again as she tried not to look into Deablo’s eyes and remember good times. To keep herself in control whenever they’d crossed paths, she had done her damndest to remember all of the bad times.

Involving herself with a mentally ill lover, there hadn’t been a shortage of awful times.  Some of Julie’s colorful ‘episodes’ had downright reduced her to a sobbing mess. “Deablo…” Erika spoke carefully, trying to measure her words. “I know you miss the contact…But…” She lightly shook her head and closed her eyes. It was easier if she wasn’t looking directly at the object of her own attraction. “Julie left of her own accord. It’s not something that you can control, Deablo. She’s an individual, just like you are. She just….” Erika lightly shrugged, sighing heavily. “I have my own problems to deal with. I don’t think it’s a good idea to take on hers as well.” Squeezing her eyes tightly shut, she lightly gritted her teeth. 

“My job takes me all over the country…she would miss her friends and the stability she has here.” Now, Erika opened her eyes. “I’m not what she needs. ” All the while, she thought to herself. You are certainly not what she needs, damn you. If anything, you’re the cause of most of her turmoil. Though she dared not speak that aloud. “Though I admire what you’re trying to do for her…” A very big lie, as she knew just how selfish Deablo could be. “I know Julie herself wouldn’t enjoy experience.” Scooting to the left, she reached the entrance of the alley. “It’s better if we act as if this meeting never happened.”

Deablo listened. She really did pay attention as Erika tried to let her down gently. Why does she sound like she’s trying to break up with us? Now Deablo was disturbed, which never happened. Was there really something there instead of blind lust? Instead of listening to the singer’s little dialogue on her own, she allowed Julie to listen in as well. Despite how Deablo carried herself, she was still very young in relation to the body she was sharing. She did not always understand the intricacies of human interactions. I think you broke her, Julie.

Where she sat in a dark section of the floor, Julie lifted her head, suddenly able to hear something other than her own thoughts. We need to fix this situation. Deablo’s thoughts filtered down to her. Seriously, this is one of the best things that happened to us. It should be fixed. When Deablo saw Erika, she saw protection and food…and shelter. She wasn’t sure at all what Julie saw, but she wasn’t one to turn down decent things when she got a hold of them.

What are you talking about? Julie asked wearily, belatedly realizing that Erika was speaking to them. She began chewing her bottom lip. She knew that Erika sounded like she was speaking with a clear head. How much of that was forced though? She had to question it. Julie knew that Deablo could be very intimidating when the need arose and sometimes even if it wasn’t needed. No…I need to talk to her. Like right now. 

Are you sure about that? From the sounds of it, you did enough last time. Now Deablo sounded downright petulant about what had happened. Julie fought the urge to roll her eyes. The last thing she needed was a twisted and bratty entity in her body in control and trying to literally control every aspect of her life. "I’m…sorry for what has happened. I can’t pretend that we didn’t just see you though. I have a very good memory, even if Jules lacks one." Attempt at humor falling flat, Deablo sounded suddenly unsure of herself as she spoke again. "I would ask for us to have a second chance."

"Do not beg, please." Julie sounded very sad and weary. She pulled away from Erika, but oh how she wanted to be held again. She ached sometimes, thinking about how stupid she had been. "Allow me that dignity and do not beg. If we are to at least be friends, we need to start it off properly." Straightening up, Julie held out one hand. "Hello. My name is Julie Savage. I have been horribly insensitive and stupid…can you give me a second chance at friendship?" If she was lucky, she would regain the singer as an acquaintance at least.

Erika’s eyes narrowed as Deablo spoke. Part of her wondered if there was some underlying message therein. She knew what it meant when Deablo asked her to stay. She was no fool. And yet.... the expression on that face--on Julie's face. The sadness and longing there was so familiar. She wondered what deablo thought about the details of their split. It wasn't as if Dee was a child torn between two parents. Though she was doing a pretty good imitation of one now.

“Look...” She sighed, chagrined at the audible crack in her own voice. “I'll be honest. Dee, I know why you want me around. I can't pretend that it is any particular appeal to be seen as a meal ticket.” Erika grimaced at her own wording. “Or to be seen as food at all.” She leveled a stare at Dee. “I don't go where I know I'm unwanted. Best lesson in life, one that I've never forgotten.” She lightly shrugged, trying to feign nonchalance. The singer wanted to pretend as if she wasn’t affected by Dee’s words. Back pressed to the wall, Erika placed her booted right foot against the wall as well. She was lightly gnawing on her bottom lip.

Looking down, the redhead had stuck her hands in her pockets, purely a defensive move on her part. The musician wasn’t feeling overly confident right now and it was painfully obvious. There was still a considerable amount of thick vapor in the air around Erika’s head. She was still sweating a bit, but seemed to be in control of her own discomfort for the most part. Surprised to hear a softer voice, she chanced another look. The people passing by them in the streets seemed to fade a bit into the background. Erika’s eyes focused on Julie as she spoke…or rather, she focused on the brunette’s lips.

Erika shook her head lightly, paying attention to what she was being asked. Julie was asking for friendship…and nothing more. Reddish brows rising, Erika eyed the other woman warily. The noise of so many people could have been amplified, and she still would have heard what she was being offered. Continuing to stare at Julie’s hand, Erika pulled her hands from her pockets and folded her arms. Lightly pushing away from the wall, Erika walked right up to Julie. The redhead was pointedly ignoring the outstretched hand.

Glancing up, she regarded the blue eyes above her. “I don’t know your game. I don’t know you. We’ve established that a close relationship isn’t going to work, but shit must have gone sour for you to come crawling to me and asking for--friendship--of all things.” Her eyes were narrowed to slits. “Granted, you’re one of the few people who can stand my…moods.” Dipping her head a bit, Erika allowed a red lock to fall over one of her eyes.

“Are you in trouble? Again?” Her tone was accusatory. Considering their history though, the singer felt more than vindicated in asking. “Shelter…is that what you need? Protection? I know that Dee wants more than just a friendly interaction…is that it?” Lowering her arms, Erika pulled the dark-haired woman close by grabbing the sides of her coat. “I know what Dee wants…You left me though.” Erika grinded up against Julie. “What is it that you really want? Let’s be honest here and try not to play a bleeding heart. I don’t deserve that.” She was still angry, it was obvious. Something else was in her gaze too, though.

Something that Erika didn’t seem comfortable outright saying, in spite of what she’d said already.

As the seconds ticked by with no direct response from the singer, Julie grew uneasy. Maybe she had been wrong…to assume that friendship was anywhere in Erika’s vocabulary after what had happened. She held her hand out still, as if somehow she could will Erika to take her up on the offer. So when the singer crossed her arms and walked right up to her, Julie swallowed hard and fought to not take a step backwards. This was aggression and dominance thing. The singer had been hurt and was right to be cautious.

Her brows furrowed as she heard the word ‘game’ mentioned. Julie hadn’t meant offering friendship as if it were some sort of test or a game. She listened carefully as Erika spoke, her cheeks reddening at first embarrassment and then a mild amount of irritation. It wasn’t right for the musician to just assume that she was in trouble all of the time. I’m not that bad at all! Julie growled in her head. As upset as she was getting now, she knew better than to just…unload on Erika. Not when she was trying to get back on the woman’s good side. She was steady with her medication, stable at her job now. There hadn’t been any complaints in months. Deablo’s feeding habits hadn’t resulted in a rising count of bodies either. Julie inhaled slowly, her fingers twitching just a little. The stress of this sudden confrontation made her desire another cigarette. Dropping her hands to both sides, her fingers flexed a little as if she was trying to come to terms with how badly she was handling this.

For the love of fucking, please don’t light up again! Julie’s features screwed up in confusion at Deablo’s words before she felt herself yanked forwards by Erika’s grip on her coat. Sex had absolutely nothing to do with her wanting a cigarette, so why was the dark persona even mentioning it? It could have been Deablo’s love of getting under her skin… Julie’s face twitched again for an entirely different reason as she felt Erika grinding against her. Feeling her pulse accelerate, she struggled to keep her breathing even as Erika spoke to her. Speaking of fucking… Screwing her eyes shut, Julie squirmed a bit. She knew she wouldn’t be able to actually get away from Erika until she did something…or said something. What was expected of her, she had no hope of knowing.

"I…I said I wanted your friendship." Julie began, enunciating each word carefully. Pressed so intimately close was messing a bit with her concentration though, and already she felt like she was losing the battle. "I offered an apology." The red color was still high in her cheeks, and it wasn’t fully anger at work anymore. Her breath was coming out in pants as she looked deeply into Erika’s eyes. She saw a glint of what could have been challenge."But all I can see now is that you’re still the same self-centered…conceited…utterly self-absorbed…" The brunette was treading on thin ice, but couldn’t seem to help herself. If she was going to fall, she wasn’t going down alone. "Pessimistic…arrogant…" Reaching up, she cupped Erika’s face in her hands, lowering her head. The glare she was leveling on the redhead was chilling.

--

Clapping mightily for all she was worth, Deablo settled down with a bucket of popcorn and lifted a giant oversized remote control. She focused on Erika, always the cool and smooth professional. The fiery singer had on her customary butt-hugging jeans and stylish steel-toed boots. Her winter coat was still zipped up but looked like it offered delicious warmth. While Julie…looked like she was dressed for an avalanche, thick coat, thicker still mittens and pants with boots that looked like they were all triple layered. Typical and funny to watch too.

"Someone does not just DVR stuff like this." Reaching to the table next to her, she pulled over a giant slurpee. Sucking noisily on a colorful twisty straw, she popped more popcorn in her mouth. Kicking her legs up on what turned out to be a black overstuffed couch, Deablo crossed her legs. Clad in heavily bleach-stained gray sweatpants and a baggy white t-shirt, Deablo could only grin at what was unfolding. "I love having front row seats!"

--

"Nasty…vain and presumptuous…. Bitch." Now, she was so close that she could almost taste Erika’s breath and impulsively decided to go right for the source. Pressing her lips to the singer’s, Julie plunged her tongue inside Erika’s mouth. A deep moan rumbled from the back of her throat and for that moment, she felt very much alive.

• 4 weeks later...

Erika merely nodded faintly, as if confirming something to herself, when she saw Julie squeeze her eyes shut. She knew that physical contact was what the brunette really wanted…deep down. There was no desire to be platonic friends or distant acquaintances. There was touch and feel…sight and smell. Dee was so visceral, so utterly primal at times that it was terrifying. Likewise, Julie was scary when settling into brand new drug regimens, swinging between stages of intense lust and revulsion. Whether it was Julie herself or the demonic and bloodthirsty Deablo though, both of them wanted the same thing…Erika’s body. How Julie was reacting now was exactly what the singer had expected. I guess they don’t like it when the food fights back. As much as the redhead still burned for the taller woman in front of her, the root and knowledge of what she was truly dealing with pulled her back. She figured, a few more minutes of this and she was getting the hell out of here. Psshaw! Asking for friendship… The redhead often liked challenges, but controlling herself had always been at the top of the list.

And then Julie spoke again. In an irritatingly rational voice…so calmly and softly that Erika looked at her. Seeing the familiar high color in Julie’s cheeks drew her thoughts back to the good times. The singer felt herself melting again and it was all against her own will. Caught in that glacial and knowing stare, Erika wasn’t able to pull away. Her own eyes narrowed as Julie spoke, feeling piqued a bit as she was insulted. Erika felt angry and confused and in love--in lust and flustered along with a bunch of other likely very sappy things she didn’t want to admit. The singer heard her heart beginning to pound in her ears again, blood rushing to places it shouldn’t have been. Erika was so dazed, her body blushing as Julie placed hands on both sides of her face and kissed her.

In her head, Erika knew this was possible. Knew that being sexually aggressive with someone like the dark-haired woman could backfire. It was never good when your own attraction to someone override your own common sense.

Thinking clearly would have meant that Erika not only backed off, but that she left via that fire escape.

Rational thought would have had the redhead heading home already.

Being coherent would mean that the redhead was not doing what she was.

Caution would have dictated that Erika vacated the area as soon as she spotted Julie coming near her, motorcycle or no.

Yet those were her own hands that abandoned the coat, only to sink into Julie’s dark locks. Sucking on Julie’s tongue lightly, Erika explored the familiar terrain of the brunette’s mouth. It was wrong, so stupid and yet so very right. She ignored the people on the street, some of whom had stopped to videotape them. It didn’t matter to her that she was well known. In this tiny little corner, she was perfectly content.

• 1 month later...

Drawn into impossible warmth, Julie let out a small sound of need, allowing herself to fully drown in the attention lavished on her. She hadn’t expected any of this when she’d come to Time’s Square.

Goosebumps rising on her skin, Julie felt her body coming fairly alive with a fresh rush of blood. She felt the reaction, when Erika acknowledged some feeling for her. The brunette felt complimented and yet wary. This chance…if that was what it was…had to be on the singer’s terms. There were many things in Julie’s life that she regretted. One of them was the sheer slew of broken hearts or even broken bodies left in her wake. To date, she knew that Erika had never once called the police to report her crimes. Though, she was unsure if the musician knew just the sheer scope of what all she’d done. She’d been too worried when they were together to bring anything up. The paranoid side of Julie feared retaliation against her family. In spite of the way she was treated in favor of her siblings, she still wanted only the best for them. They were the reason she decided to leave home when she had. Everything was becoming a little muddled in her mind though. Her entire focus was the woman in front of her, the press of the redhead’s strong and sturdy frame to her own. The taller woman almost didn’t feel it when Deablo’s feeding aura activated.

Once she became aware of it though, her half lidded eyes widened. It was an uncomfortable feeling, to have someone else trying to take control of her body. As hard as it had been when she tried and failed to resist temptation, pulling herself away from such a warm and wet mouth was even harder. Eyes glowing an eerie green, she forcibly bit off the energy exchange and carefully extracted herself from Erika. She was panting, blinking owlishly. Julie Savage felt as if she’d just run a half marathon, her cheeks flushed further. She winced a bit as other blood engorged body parts protested her pulling away.

She was so willing and wanting, she doubted she would have resisted if Erika had suggested a quick tryst against the wall in the alley. The breathlessness could have been attributed to the look to her eyes then as well. "Damn it, Dee!" She growled. Why do you have to interfere all the time?!

Snickering echoed in her head. Wow. You should see your face right now…It’s funny. Where Julie had enjoyed Erika’s physical heat, now she felt like she had to cool herself down. She wasn’t sweating, but thought she should have been.

No…it is not. Swallowing hard, she looked at Erika. Gorgeous, self-assured and talented. Everything that Julie knew herself not to be. "Look… Erika, I’m sorry. I…I can’t do this." She shook her head and backed away further. Her eyes were still glowing brightly as well, but she was putting in an effort to not feed. To her surprise, it was working. She was actually blocking Deablo’s abilities for once.

How are you doing that? Deablo hadn’t encountered a situation where she wasn’t able to immediately take full control of the body. Yet for some reason, she wasn’t able to. You don’t cut me off. She hissed, threateningly.

"It’s…not safe." She offered a lopsided smile, hoping to diffuse the situation. Her words had a double meaning. Not only was it dangerous due to her issues with Deablo, but she also knew that Erika was nearing a full moon.

You will give me--

"You will get nothing at all, Dee." Julie’s eyes glanced to the side as she spoke. "If you keep fighting me, I will starve our body and then there will be nothing for you to try to control anymore." Knowing her own eating habits, the threat was very palpable. Especially if she was able now to hold off any part of Deablo’s abilities.

Her pronouncement was met with silence of the end of the dark entity. Then, as if coming from a deep sleep, Deablo’s rough voice uttered two words. You win.

Archived