SITE NEWS
  • EXCITING NEW PLOTS COMING SOON, LOOK FOR UPCOMING POSTS IN THE PLOTTING AREA THAT WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL ON THE SITE TO JOIN!!
  • The Dead See All...

Derrick Mason Gray

He read the pause when asked where she wanted to go.  Though he would love to drive around in the quiet city all night sightseeing and bullshitting about ways to buck the status quo, there was a time he would have to find sleep if he was ever to open the store after the weekend, or get to her orders done if she chose to ask for more.  There were responsibilities now, he simply wasn’t just the carefree playboy.  It was okay, he rather liked responsibility.  It disappointed him a little that she hesitated, overall he wasn’t the most threatening of people, but she was just being cautious.  The world had to be careful now.

"212…..W 10th street."

He nodded slightly, vaguely knowing where it was.  He’d been here a decent amount of time since springing himself from the ashes of his own doing, but there were still parts of the city he wasn’t the most familiar with.

"You know… there is an old boarded up place on 10th that used to be a jazz club. Little door on the street that goes up a dark set of stairs to a small club that to this day has a smoky smell even though its locked up. Found it by accident from the roof. I go sometimes to play… good acoustics."

Relaxed expression cast a glance at her as he drove.

"….might be some things in there you would like for your collection."

Thoughts were moving, she was casting him a line… one he didn’t want to seem too interested to jump at.  There was just no way he could ever make something like that work and remain under the radar.  She’d managed to find his weak spot, mischievous expression hiding the touché that was lingering in his brain. He’d pay her back for that, somehow.

[jojo]A lot of things I’d like for my collection, just need to find somewhere to put everything I want.[/jojo]  voice was quiet, [jojo]either need to find a bigger house, or bite the bullet and open a place.  Not sure am ready to take on a whole faction if they find me… so prolly stick to just collectin’ for now.[/jojo]

Car pulled up to her address, the engine gunning down as he got out and opened the door for her.  He was old school, not an ass.

[jojo]Lovely end to a rather shitty night. Thanks for the company,[/jojo]  he smiled quietly, arms crossing loosely as he leaned on the front fender until she made it up to her door so he could depart.  [jojo]You get a quiet gig, let me know.[/jojo]

[jojo] A lot of things I’d like for my collection, just need to find somewhere to put everything I want. Either need to find a bigger house, or bite the bullet and open a place. Not sure am ready to take on a whole faction if they find me… so prolly stick to just collectin’ for now.[/jojo]

Soft "tsk" was scolding in her tone as the head remained relaxed back on the seat. Smile soft on her lips.

[derrick]…that’s what managers are for. Set yourself up a front company so you can run it from behind the scenes. Hell. Even staff doesn’t need to know you own it, that way you can go and not attract any attention.[/derrick]

Breath was slow in her chest. Exhaustion was beginning to win the fight. If this drive took much longer she was going to need to be woken up out of his car. But just as she could feel the weight of oblivion, the pace of the car shifted and slowed to a halt. The Cajun getting out his side. She never waited for her driver's to get her door so they had learned to quit doing it. But she was slow to awareness, having hovered dangerously close to sleep. By the time she was reaching for the handle he was pulling the door open.

[jojo]Lovely end to a rather shitty night. Thanks for the company.[/jojo]

Her own smile slid smoothly to match his own.

[derrick]… well I have definitely heard worse come on lines.[/derrick]

Chuckle was soft as she untangled out of the car, gracefully pulling herself up onto the sidewalk and stepping toward the building.

[jojo]You get a quiet gig, let me know.[/jojo]

She paused, "glancing" back over her shoulder as he lounged on the fender. A brow was faintly lifting over her dark shades. Something was being pondered behind them. Quirk to her lips came as she made a decision.

[derrick]Most Sunday nights….. the jazz club…. assuming you can find a way in..[/derrick]

It was an impulsive and reckless offer to invite him to her private jam sessions. But there was something about him… maybe it was the way he described the world as though it was more than something to "see", or perhaps it was because for the brief moments in the interlude he managed to both bring the cop to mind, and push him away, offering her hope that the ghost might one day lay at rest.

Grin was playful at the thought of him trying to find a way in. She had never un-boarded the club, she rather liked that no one could get to it. The only door in from the street had been sealed up long ago from the inside which mean the rooftop entrance was the only way in.

His jacket was slid off her shoulders, gooseflesh rippling over the taut abs as her head dipped slightly in thanks as she tossed it in his direction before she turned away and trotted up the steps to the iron gate that covered the front door. Her hand pressed to the panel on the side and the steel gate lock released without need for keys before she whipped them out to unlock the big wood door. Vanishing inside, she was desperate for her bed but in an uncharacteristically good mood.

((fin))

Archived